October is right around the corner
And that means it’s time to see what Niantic has in store of players this month. October means the weather is getting colder, the leaves are turning orange, and halloween is fast approaching. Pokèmon GO always has something special in store for us during spooky season, and it looks like this time around will be no exception. Let’s break it down and see what is coming up this October.
Five-Star Raids this month bring new challenges and new Shiny Pokémon for you to collect. Also, every Wednesday from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. local time, you can experience Raid Hour, which will boost the amount of the current Five-Star Raid boss.
- Sept 27 – Oct 8: Yveltal*
- Oct 8 – 20: Xerneas*
- Oct 20 – 27: Giratina* (Altered Forme)
- Oct 27 – Nov 8: Giratina* (Origin Forme)
- Sept 27 – Oct 8: Mega Lopunny*
- Oct 8 – 20: Mega Manectric*
- Oct 20 – Nov 8: A Mystery Mega Pokémon will debut
Every Tuesday from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. local time, you can look forward to more a specific Pokémon spawning, along with a special bonus. Here is what you can expect to find this October for Spotlight Hour.
- Oct 4: Purrloin – 2x XP for evolving Pokémon
- Oct 11: Haunter – 2x Stardust for catching Pokémon
- Oct 18: Misdreavus* – 2x XP for catching Pokémon
- Oct 25: Shuppet* – 2x XP for evolving Pokémon
It was also noted that you should bring a buddy Pokémon to the Shuppet Spotlight Hour on October 25th. Something special may happen at the beginning and end of the hour.
- Oct 5 – 11: Evolving Stars Event
- Oct 8: Mega Gyarados Raid Day
- Oct 14 – 17: Festival of Lights
- Oct 15: Litwick Community Day
- Oct 20 – Nov 1: Halloween Event
You can also look forward to Shedinja as the Research Breakthrough Reward from October 1 to November 1. Shedinja can be Shiny for the first time in Pokémon GO. You will also receive an Incense each time you collect your seventh stamp.
See you around, Genesect!