Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The President

The President

How do you think the President (Of The United States) is currently handling the country? Please don't argue in here. Thank you.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

From my position as an outsider and in one word... terribly.

Normally I'd find it hard to believe it could get any worse, but I think it's pretty obvious that's going to be the case. At this point, I'd be shocked if he hasn't angered every other country in the world by April. xD
    GCEA

3. This post has been liked by:

Well... he has wasted NO time in angering half the country (maybe more than that). Personally, I feel that he hasn't been doing too well of a job. What did I expect though? He's got no political experience, he's stubborn, and he's rash. If there's been any positive, it's that he's ACTUALLY done what he said he was going to do... even though I don't agree with what he said he was going to do.
    τι ζωή

5. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    He definitely does not know what he's doing. It's like a little kid with a new toy; he's just playing around with his new "power", for his own benefit. Personally, I do not feel he is anywhere near a good president.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

7. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

As a United States citizen, I do understand how a new president won't be accepted by some. I do understand how some will be angered to protest, and how it will likely be a rocky start. But this guy... my God, he's going to get us all killed.
    I have zero respect for this man. He's racist, sexist, and the words that come out of his mouth sadden and repulse me. I truly don't believe he won the election fairly. And I think having him in office will ultimately lead to our demise. Feel free to disagree. This is simply my own opinion.

9. This post has been liked by:

I have been pretty vocal about my disdain for our president. I think he is the most dangerous man to ever hold the office. I say that because his actions to discredit the media and now the judicial branch of government is scary. He still acts like a reality tv star not a president. As an educator and a person of mixed descent I can say things have gotten progressively worse everyday since he was elected.

If the country cant find a common ground on issues there are going to be some real civil conflicts in the next four years.
    Last edited by Rival Max; 02-08-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

11. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    He's doing a bad job, but I'm not ready to compare him to a genocidal murderer. Our government was designed specifically to prevent any sort of despotism. Short of him pulling a palpatine-esque move and destroying the legislative and judicial branch (and maybe creating some sort of clone army) it's never gonna happen. And all the new doomsday preppers who are saying it will are beginning to sound like Y2K'ers screaming that the end is nigh to anyone who'll listen.

My biggest problem with him is that even though he follows through with what he says, he's saying too much, and saying the wrong thing.

His EO on Refugees? countermanded, much to his chagrin, rather than keep his mouth shut and move on to the next fight,he berated the courts and now he's telling everyone "I told you so" before he can even say "I told you so".

Almost every sitting president has drifted over to become more moderate as they learn and adapt to a system of checks and balances. He's been the President for a month, if he doesn't learn to compromise and learn which battles are worth fighting, he'll face stagnation and the inability to get anything done.

I personally don't think he discredited the media, I lost faith in a lot of the media when sensationalism became the norm.

The only positive thing I can see coming out of him not willing to change is that he's beginning to unify a good portion of the country against him, at least until we find the next thing to argue about.

13. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie Mistake View Post
    He's doing a bad job, but I'm not ready to compare him to a genocidal murderer. Our government was designed specifically to prevent any sort of despotism. Short of him pulling a palpatine-esque move and destroying the legislative and judicial branch (and maybe creating some sort of clone army) it's never gonna happen. And all the new doomsday preppers who are saying it will are beginning to sound like Y2K'ers screaming that the end is nigh to anyone who'll listen.

My biggest problem with him is that even though he follows through with what he says, he's saying too much, and saying the wrong thing.

His EO on Refugees? countermanded, much to his chagrin, rather than keep his mouth shut and move on to the next fight,he berated the courts and now he's telling everyone "I told you so" before he can even say "I told you so".

Almost every sitting president has drifted over to become more moderate as they learn and adapt to a system of checks and balances. He's been the President for a month, if he doesn't learn to compromise and learn which battles are worth fighting, he'll face stagnation and the inability to get anything done.

I personally don't think he discredited the media, I lost faith in a lot of the media when sensationalism became the norm.

The only positive thing I can see coming out of him not willing to change is that he's beginning to unify a good portion of the country against him, at least until we find the next thing to argue about.
    President Trump has been the same person he's always been for years and I doubt he'll change now. I'm really hoping he does though. He's no longer in responsible for just his life, but now the lives of an entire nation.
    τι ζωή

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    President Trump has been the same person he's always been for years and I doubt he'll change now. I'm really hoping he does though. He's no longer in responsible for just his life, but now the lives of an entire nation.
    If there's any time for him to change, now's the time! But I agree. If anything, he's just completely drunk with power at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Altia View Post
    If there's any time for him to change, now's the time! But I agree. If anything, he's just completely drunk with power at this point.
    Better late than never, right?
    τι ζωή

17. This post has been liked by:

Altia