Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I thought we had someone already lined up for running the showdown section as well?

VPP

Why don't we just have ONE Art section where anyone can do any type of art and then we only need to find one Art judge. We honestly need to start small and work our way up for the next time we do this. We shouldn't be afraid to drop a section or two if we need to instead of worrying about trying to find someone to cover it or putting more work on others.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

3. This post has been liked by:

hmm... well the only problem with that is combining different art into one section makes it hard to judge. For instance, I could judge drawing and MAYBE graphic art, but I wouldn't have a clue how to properly judge pixel art. It would mostly end up being "Hey that one looks cool and complicated, you get the most points!" Its hard to find a judge with enough experience in all the various art styles to be able to judge properly.

Still, its a fair back-up plan if we don't get enough judges.

Also, is Sacred Fire planning to judge showdown? I sort of assumed they were with the way they were talking earlier about different types of ways to battle for points.

VPP

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hmm yeah it is a bit of a shame...

If we don't get judges for some stuff, we should probably cut a few things. Graphic art, comics, showdown and humour are probably up there. :/ I think @Speed-X wanted to judge sprite art but it depends if she'll be around during the event.

I don't think we want people to have to judge 2 things unless it's 100% necessary as it'd be so much work and they might struggle to also enter stuff. Better to cut back on events, I think. I'll start contacting some of the mods though and seeing if they're interested in judging at all.
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Why don't we just have ONE Art section where anyone can do any type of art and then we only need to find one Art judge. We honestly need to start small and work our way up for the next time we do this. We shouldn't be afraid to drop a section or two if we need to instead of worrying about trying to find someone to cover it or putting more work on others.
    I'm not too familiar with the different forms of art, but if it's possible, I agree. It would surely help to lighten the load.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Hmm yeah it is a bit of a shame...

If we don't get judges for some stuff, we should probably cut a few things. Graphic art, comics, showdown and humour are probably up there. :/ I think @Speed-X wanted to judge sprite art but it depends if she'll be around during the event.

I don't think we want people to have to judge 2 things unless it's 100% necessary as it'd be so much work and they might struggle to also enter stuff. Better to cut back on events, I think. I'll start contacting some of the mods though and seeing if they're interested in judging at all.
    Well, let's decide what we absolutely CAN'T cut and then go from there. I personally believe that we should have five categories. Creative Writing, Humor, Graphic Art, Drawn Art, and RP would be my suggestions, only because I feel as though those are the areas that will draw the most attention. Therefore, we'd only need five judges as well. If we go with Caite's suggestion, we could combine all of the types of art into one category and maybe have two judges for it. In total, we'd need about six judges.

As for side events... that's where it gets tricky.
    τι ζωή

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hmm I don't think it's really possible to combine the art sections, they're really different and it would be really hard to judge. :( I think sprite art and drawing will get more action than graphic art considering our user base, so if we cut an art, it should probably be graphic art. The participation events should be fine, it's more worrying about whether we'll get enough entries in the other sections. If there doesn't seem to be much interest when we start sign ups for teams then we may have to consider cutting down sections (like only running creative writing once or drawn art twice, etc.) That will allow us to cover the judging easier as well as there will be less rounds.
    GCEA

We could create a poll of some kind and see which kinds of art, and which areas in general, hold the most appeal for active members of the forum, and cut things based off of that.

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Hmm I don't think it's really possible to combine the art sections, they're really different and it would be really hard to judge. :( I think sprite art and drawing will get more action than graphic art considering our user base, so if we cut an art, it should probably be graphic art. The participation events should be fine, it's more worrying about whether we'll get enough entries in the other sections. If there doesn't seem to be much interest when we start sign ups for teams then we may have to consider cutting down sections (like only running creative writing once or drawn art twice, etc.) That will allow us to cover the judging easier as well as there will be less rounds.
    Okay. If that's the case, we can have Creative Writing, RP, Humor, Sprite Art, and Drawn Art. On the side, we'll have mini-events for participation (which shouldn't be difficult to run).
    τι ζωή

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Born View Post
    Okay. If that's the case, we can have Creative Writing, RP, Humor, Sprite Art, and Drawn Art. On the side, we'll have mini-events for participation (which shouldn't be difficult to run).
    Yeah that sounds good if we need to cut back!

@LKWayvern Good idea on the poll. I'm not sure how many people will respond but it's worth a try. I made one here
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...participate-in

Feel free to vote and post in that thread so it gets some attention!
    GCEA

12. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Really? I thought Graphic art would get more people than spriting. (I don't hang around the spriting threads much though, to be honest) But I remember that, Back in WAR, most of the people who did drawing drew using photoshop and similar programs. And most everyone who did that was also part of graphic art. There's still quite a large base for people who want to do graphic art.

VPP