Page 260 of 365 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Well I took the bullet and just dropped like 350...good grief. There better not be any new kingdom heart games..lol

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I really hate that people don't get back to you about stuff you apply for, too! It's really not that hard, especially if you have an online database thing that people apply to. There must be a way to send an automatic reply to everyone saying the position has been filled or SOMETHING! I interviewed for a job in December and didn't get it, but the guy was nice enough to call and give me some tips for future interviews and let me know that he thought I would fit in well with his team but they had other applicants with more experience in the particular area. It's just really lame that you usually never hear back from people. =/

I know it's really difficult to get a library job here, too. That's so cool that you get to work at one! :D

It's an amazing job, and I work in a really nice library with great people. It's a blast getting to know the patrons as well, and getting kids hyped about reading. I'm hoping to work in a school library after college and promote the love of reading and learning (most schools want their library staff to have their library tech diplomas, which I currently lack). I'd still like to keep my city job though; it would be painful leaving it behind.

But yeah, in a lot of places, libraries get their budgets slashed the second money becomes tight (which is dumb, but that's a rant for another time). Library staff also tend to keep their positions for a lot time, which also doesn't help when trying to break into that occupation.

GAH, once I start about books or libraries, I can't freaking stop cx
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Sun View Post

It's an amazing job, and I work in a really nice library with great people. It's a blast getting to know the patrons as well, and getting kids hyped about reading. I'm hoping to work in a school library after college and promote the love of reading and learning (most schools want their library staff to have their library tech diplomas, which I currently lack). I'd still like to keep my city job though; it would be painful leaving it behind.

But yeah, in a lot of places, libraries get their budgets slashed the second money becomes tight (which is dumb, but that's a rant for another time). Library staff also tend to keep their positions for a lot time, which also doesn't help when trying to break into that occupation.

GAH, once I start about books or libraries, I can't freaking stop cx
    Those reasons all make a lot of sense as to why it's so hard to get a library job. I've always thought working in a library would be amazing! I'm glad it sounds as awesome as I thought! :D The librarians at my high school were always really grumpy! haha. My friend's mum works in a high school library and she seems to do a lot of really cool stuff. They had a huge Harry Potter house quiz event and everything. Sounds like so much fun!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Those reasons all make a lot of sense as to why it's so hard to get a library job. I've always thought working in a library would be amazing! I'm glad it sounds as awesome as I thought! :D The librarians at my high school were always really grumpy! haha. My friend's mum works in a high school library and she seems to do a lot of really cool stuff. They had a huge Harry Potter house quiz event and everything. Sounds like so much fun!
    Haha, I had a grumpy library person at my high school too; she never smiled and always looked miserable. The field is really moving away from silent, stale libraries and making them fun spaces for learning, exploring, creating and chilling. It's pretty exciting c:

BTW, the Harry Potter event sounds like a really cool idea!
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Finding a job sucks. Two of the three that I have had were purely from knowing the right people. My Saturday night job ($50 a week for less than an hours work) is the only one that I have got based on my own skill and qualifications.

Senior Moderator

It is like you HAVE to know someone on the inside nowadays or you dont get a second look...

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

8. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EZ View Post
    It is like you HAVE to know someone on the inside nowadays or you dont get a second look...
    This is so true. Unfortunately, I just don't know too many people in companies and in departments where I could get in from knowing someone.

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    This is so true. Unfortunately, I just don't know too many people in companies and in departments where I could get in from knowing someone.
    Yea, it sucks big time. I am glad all my friends work in one place...though i still don't know if I'll get the job

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Well I took the bullet and just dropped like 350...good grief. There better not be any new kingdom heart games..lol
    Except for Kingdom Hearts 3 of course. In fact, I don't want Square to release another game UNLESS it's KH3. It's been twelve years.
    τι ζωή

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Except for Kingdom Hearts 3 of course. In fact, I don't want Square to release another game UNLESS it's KH3. It's been twelve years.
    And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...

Really though, has it been twelve years already since the last one? Hot damn, time flies. o.O