I really hate that people don't get back to you about stuff you apply for, too! It's really not that hard, especially if you have an online database thing that people apply to. There must be a way to send an automatic reply to everyone saying the position has been filled or SOMETHING! I interviewed for a job in December and didn't get it, but the guy was nice enough to call and give me some tips for future interviews and let me know that he thought I would fit in well with his team but they had other applicants with more experience in the particular area. It's just really lame that you usually never hear back from people. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Sun View Post
That's what KH does best! ;D

The job market is really a pain in the rear. It shouldn't take 100s of applications to find simple work, especially when you have all the right qualifications. I know someone who has gone back to school because he couldn't find work with his degree. He had a rough time finding even a retail position. I can't even...

I happened to get super lucky with my library job, and I'm the first to admit it. I'm in the same field as my mom, and she allowed me to gain experience when I was younger (I helped her stamp books, shelve them, do basic mending, ect), which helped a lot. I also happened to be ready for the job as the city was hiring more; its much harder to get in now.
I know it's really difficult to get a library job here, too. That's so cool that you get to work at one! :D