Page 5 of 302 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    My thing is... I'm so frugal it's not even funny. I save for hurricanes, not just rainy days.

I really want my own house, so I just save, save, and save for that down payment.
    I'm doing the same. Hoping to rent a place after college.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I am too, I actually saved money for USUM. The problem is... my parents
    They don't want you buying your own stuff? That should be your choice. Your money, your choices.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

You poor thing, you need to escape them, Noble! :(

I'm saving for a house too but prices are going up like 100k a year so I'm actually falling further behind every year :P
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    They don't want you buying your own stuff? That should be your choice. Your money, your choices.
    That is correct. All money I earned goes back to them to "pay for the debts I've incurred".

In fact, I failed a Spanish test the other day which means I'll probably be getting a B in the class and now they've decreed as a result that I'm not allowed to study abroad or be on the speech and debate team anymore.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

That is correct. All money I earned goes back to them to "pay for the debts I've incurred".

In fact, I failed a Spanish test the other day which means I'll probably be getting a B in the class and now they've decreed as a result that I'm not allowed to study abroad or be on the speech and debate team anymore.
    Oh...so the "All A's or punishment" kinda thing huh? That's....a bit harsh honestly.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh...so the "All A's or punishment" kinda thing huh? That's....a bit harsh honestly.
    Yep. Pretty much. Been that way since I was little. My parents stricter grade wise than the Asians next door and according to the stereotypes that’s saying something.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

What?! The debts you've incurred? The ones you incurred because they decided to have a kid?! Man that's so harsh :/

That sucks that you're not allowed to study abroad. Don't they think the speech and debate team are important for your future career though? Like I imagine that's really important for politics type stuff... Maybe you could convince them that way, I dunno. You're really strong for being able to deal with all that, Noble. :)
    GCEA

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Also, Shruikan. I can work on breeding it for you, but it probably won't be until Sunday if that's okay? I'll use my trusty 6IV Ditto too! :D
    Sunday will be fine. :) I need to wait a few days for my sister to get the last few Ultra Beasts anyway, so I'm not in much of a rush.
    Also, how in the name of Arcues did you manage to get a 6IV ditto?! 0_0

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yep. Pretty much. Been that way since I was little. My parents stricter grade wise than the Asians next door and according to the stereotypes that’s saying something.
    Just remember that you get to choose their retirement home. >:D

Should be a fun experience before they have to stand before St Peter and explain themselves.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Sunday will be fine. :) I need to wait a few days for my sister to get the last few Ultra Beasts anyway, so I'm not in much of a rush.
    Also, how in the name of Arcues did you manage to get a 6IV ditto?! 0_0
    Yeah I've just been busy with work, RL stuff, and helping prepare for an USUM event. All while addicted to Breath of the Wild right now XD.

Uhhh...so a friend of mine originally had one and duplicated t for me in X. After I did calculations on it. It WAS or IS seen as 6IV, but the actual value is not 31. Then I found one of those traders through GTS on Youtbe and got a full 31 (6IV) Ditto there just by following their steps. Traded a Spearow for it xD. Only thing that was missing before that was a Destiny Knot for my old one, but it was traded with the new one. So looking for something with good IVs let me know and I'll see what I can do! I'm just not good breeding for natures, egg moves, etc. just IVs now xD

Then again Sun and Moon pushed me away so much I've hardly played it.

The time is upon us...