Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Here's an interesting proposal.

Combine the MMO idea with the PMD one. I'd go into more detail, but I'm on my phone at the moment.
    I was actually making classes for the MMORPG idea because I really just liked what I had in my head too much, but they really would have only worked for humans...

...Then, this idea, which is probably insanely awesome in its own right, not even getting into the SAO-plot elements that was part of the original idea. The simple concept of PMD+MMO go hand-in-hand, honestly, and on so many levels! Think about it: The MMO mechanics of loot fit perfectly with the PMD style of taking rare treasures from the depths of dungeons, or at least the Explorers games, which I think are the best in the series. The idea of guilds go perfectly with the PMD 'verse. The small player parties allot for PC and NPC companions to both be recruited so you don't have to have friends to do anything (even RAID), so you can do the whole game solo. Alternate characters can be recruited onto the team and swapped out as the team leader at any time, so if you know a certain dungeon packs specific enemies you can switch to a different character. Loot is shared amongst the whole of your team, so every character can go (and if you think about Gates to Infinity, everyone gets EXP while you're doing it, so nobody gets left in the dust)...And of course, Dungeons. I don't think that even needs explaining-randomized floor layouts and foes every time, so even the same dungeon never gets old and grinding in it is far less boring!

Like, holy f***ing s**t! When you think about it, a PMD game looks PRIME to be an MMORPG! I've heard the idea of Pokemon MMOs get slammed repetitively due to its nature, but this? You could honestly go and take this as a game idea without looking like an idiot, because it all just makes so much sense and the mechanics only need so much tweaking to be perfect! It's brilliant! Mind=Blown. Yes, yes yes, yes yes yes, hell f***ing YES! The only fridge logic is how they get used to those raidcally different bodies, but eh, n00b caves exist for a reason! Shut up and take my money!

All hail Neo. He IS The One.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

2. This post has been liked by:

I am game for all of this.

Also, as for getting used to different Pokemon bodies... Ummm... Ditto avatar. Yeah.

Totally. Makes "switching your class" a heck of a lot easier XDDD

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

I'm not a huge fan of PMD RPs (don't play Pokemon as main characters so well), but if that's the direction everyone wants to take, then... democracy ^^'
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

Lol, I'm not a fan of them either. I just don't get into them as well. And really, Tazz, I think I'm good. I had ideas about the MMOs systems and such going into this, and your ideas are pretty different from mine.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    You guys are allowed to make more than one RP, you know.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Lol, I know. Sorry, was citing this post.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Hmm... PMD and an SAO type MMO could be great if combined well. I'd like to see how it pans out. :D I've got no ideas of my own, really, at the moment.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    You guys are allowed to make more than one RP, you know.
    Haha this!

I hope we have a range of RPs to suit everyone. I know I'll try and join in if there's a beginners/casual Pokemon one. :D
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Haha this!

I hope we have a range of RPs to suit everyone. I know I'll try and join in if there's a beginners/casual Pokemon one. :D
    I'm kinda surprised no one has replied to this. XD

I dunno about range, but RPs don't usually have a "skill" restriction or activity designation, unless it's like, WAR. Most of us who have been RPing a while here are pretty welcoming to beginners--we're not gonna bite your head off if you have smaller posts (actually most of us post text walls because we enjoy being wordy, not because it's required, and we don't expect the same of you) or accidentally do something wrong. So really, every RP could be a beginner's RP if a beginner decides to sign up and join it. As for a "casual" RP...posting speed is really determined by those in the RP. Not everyone makes ridiculously fast posts, and even when they do, they still have to wait for the next person to post, which may take longer. I've been in RPs where we kept it going for what seemed like forever, but it took weeks for almost every one of the four of us RPing to reply because we all had normal life stuff to do before we could get a full reply out. Also been in RPs where everyone else posted at normal speeds, and we had two speed-of-light posters who would have pages of stuff posted before anyone else got a chance...those people were kindly asked to slow down.

At this point, a lot of the RPers I know on PXR have lives to attend to. We can't just sit at the computer all day waiting for replies so we can scramble to write one down (which I will admit to doing back in middle school, lol), so you can expect most RPs to go at a decent to slower posting pace. So really, try looking at every RP as an opportunity, Sarah, if you like the plot, give signing up a try.

12. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

You're definitely right. The skill/activity of an RP is set by the people in it. I guess all I meant by beginners/casual was an RP with a simple/easy to follow plot where I don't need to read walls of text in order to keep up. xD For example, all the tech in previous WAR RPs has put me off because I don't know anything about weaponry and find it all too complicated haha. Not to mention all the rules and seriousness of it all. I know everyone would be really welcoming to beginners no matter the RP and that interesting plots probably make the "best" RPs, I'd just like to see some simple ones too and I think they might be a way for people who might have previously felt intimidated by RPing to give it a shot. :) I know GCEA really worked nicely in that way.

I know the more involved RPs probably aren't as scary as they seem, this is just how I feel as a non-RPer.
    GCEA

14. This post has been liked by: