Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    URPG Staff

Ugh... oh man, I'm such a sucker for PMD and I'm such a sucker for just being able to play a Pokemon. This is in like, the top 10 things I shouldn't do that I'm definitely going to try.

Question: I see that we're able to create our own teams and recruit NPCs (that I presume that we control once we recruit!) as we go. But would it be okay if maybe one of us were to join a pre-existing team and adventure with them if that team's player were to give permission? (naturally, wouldn't be in that team from the start, but perhaps join one as they go [preferably something that's developed ICly, as I prefer most things to be]--I mostly ask because I've fashioned Rye as more of a follower than a leader!). If not, totally cool, just lemme know.

SU pending the above question, if the answer's a no then I'll rework a little with his own team!

EDIT: Question answered! Here's the SU:

Character's Name: Ryland "Rye"
    Backstory: A middle-class kid who has been bundled in a protective, sheltered cocoon for most of his life, one who has never known struggle. He's always been the quiet, mousy kid at school, with large round glasses and a wide-eyed stare that peeks out from behind bundled clothing. His parents emphasized school and nothing but--he graduated near the top of his class, with only one best friend. He chose a college where he could keep to himself and focus on improving himself and his studies, but ended up here.
    Personality: Rye's quiet, shy, and a bit skiddish at first, but he opens up relatively quickly. He's optimistic and naive about the world, always opting to believe the best about everyone around them, which makes him overly trusting. He doesn't exactly realize that not everyone has the best intentions, and has managed to go through the world without realizing that not everyone grew up as comfortably as he did. Rye isn't the best socially--he's never had many friends, and has never been the best at making friends. When he finds someone that he thinks likes him, he will often cling to that person out of fear of losing someone he can actually get close to. Pretty self-conscious. A scholar, he loves a good book, as well as learning new things and reading. Patient. Doesn't know how to deal with his own emotions in any capacity because he's never really been forced to, so he can be a bit of a stubborn baby.
    Dislikes: Failure, crowded places, eye contact
    Which Pokemon are you?: Joltik
    Defining features/colours etc.: One eye is a pleasant, pastel green while the other retains the deep, powdered blue that's characteristic to the species.
    Accessories: None yet!
    Special Ability: Perceptive--all four of Rye's eyes are pretty observant, so he's great at noticing little details and taking a lot in at once, and also great at puzzles.
    Rescue Team Name: none yet, will join an existing one through IC development!
    Last edited by K'sariya; 05-21-2018 at 05:11 PM.

head ranger / expert curator / ace chronicler
    urpg stats
    / national park stats / deviantart