Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Administrator

Preserving PokeStadium Traditions and Ideas

Greetings Everyone,

A good number of people here are former members of PokeStadium. The closure of the community there was a tragedy and sadly there was little time to prepare for this transition. A lot of good threads, posts, and blogs were lost.

I've talked with Hydro, Heavenly, and Mr. Brightside about possible ways we might be able to preserve some of the great traditions, events, and ideas that originated on PokeStadium. PXR can never completely replace PS, but we can do what we can to make this place feel a bit more like home. I'm hoping that by working together, we can bring forth the best of all worlds.

Let's discuss what we enjoy or remember from PS, and what we'd like to bring here. Whether it was serious or silly, if it brought you and others joy, it is worth sharing.

To get us started, here is an idea Mr. Brightside had. I know this was brought up by other members as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
    Well, there was one thing I loved but I think I might have been the only person who felt this way. Near the end I think Johan started prohibiting it. A lot of the blogs were people's nuzlocke runs, with screenshots and updates and stuff. I super enjoyed reading through all of the nuzlockes, and probably my fondest memory of PS is when I did my own nuzzy of Sapphire.

Like I said, I know at least some people were annoyed at how the blog section had a lot of nuzlockes (and it did; it had WAAAAY too many), but it was nice in moderation.

If we did something like that again, it might be a bit weird considering how the blogs were on the main forum page of PS but they aren't on PXR, but oh well. That's one of the traditions I liked.

I don't see an issue with this, really. It's fun to talk about what you've done, and maybe we can feature blogs on the front site when we have enough :3 I don't have much to say, but really, it's not something that seems terribly difficult to do, and it sounds like fun :3

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Even if blogs aren't an option, there could be a sub-forum in the General Pokemon Discussion board for nuzlocke threads. The threads would work like peoples' art and fanfic threads; the thread owner would post updates, everyone would comment in between. There could even be competitions with special rules in place.

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Toogee View Post
    Even if blogs aren't an option, there could be a sub-forum in the General Pokemon Discussion board for nuzlocke threads. The threads would work like peoples' art and fanfic threads; the thread owner would post updates, everyone would comment in between. There could even be competitions with special rules in place.
    Supporting this idea. Instead of hosting them as separate threads at times, why not just create a sub forums for it? Whereby individual members could have their own threads of Nuzlockes posted? And the best nuzlocke (judged via many categories) could be awarded some tokens or some forum titles of sorts. Could work handsomely if implemented ;) I like!
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Administrator

Administrator

I do peruse the blogs and ask people if I can repost them on the front page. If someone would like to make suggestions of great blogs and posts on behalf of the site (AKA the front page), I'm all ears for having you join the team!

Im okay with either one of these ideas. I dont think a subforum for this kind of thing would hurt though.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

A playthrough sub-forum is definitely something we'd like to have at some point. I'm just not sure there is enough activity for it yet. But I suppose we could always give it a shot and it might also encourage people to do playthroughs and post about them...
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    A playthrough sub-forum is definitely something we'd like to have at some point. I'm just not sure there is enough activity for it yet. But I suppose we could always give it a shot and it might also encourage people to do playthroughs and post about them...
    If we were to create a sub-forum for nuzlockes, I'd definitely be one of the first to do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I can go ahead and set that up if you like.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

If we are to preserve old PS traditions, we have to look back at what PS was exactly. Pokestadium was mainly a spriting community. Now I do understand that the contests forum was made because of our transition here, but not all art on PS was necessarily related to contests. An old tradition I enjoyed was viewing top weekly creations made by other users on the forum. If there was some way of hosting a thread in the Artist's Easel for showcasing weekly favored creations on the main page along with the recent news, that could be a nice way of attracting people to join the community. A huge reason PS had so many members was because the creations showcased by the Pokecreator were very appealing and those interested in how to make sprites joined with hope that they could one day make creations with just as much detail and praise. Perhaps if Crossroads show cased sprites made from artists on the community, more members could potentially join here.

There was also the simple Catch feature that enabled you to have a team of six pokemon to go along with your member rank when you post, but I do not know the capabilities of the features that the PXR forum uses, so this might not even be possible unless you are experienced with coding and such. It was a neat little feature that encouraged members to log on daily to select one pokemon from a random mix to be trained and leveled and showcased below your avatar and rank whenever you post. This old feature isn't really a necessity to PXR, but it would really give that feel of the old Pokestadium and potentially make members have the urge to be more active to receive their random pokemon rewards.