Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Member Of The Year! 2014

Hello! Welcome to the second annual Member of the Year!

You've probably noticed the #MotY14 in the logo. That's because we invite you to share this on all of your little social media outlets like Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr. To get more people into our community and continue to expand out PxR Family!

Member of the Year is a sort of celebration and ceremony to reward our members for their time on our forum. To showcase the best of the best, and give some bragging rights for a whole year. The way it works is pretty simple. You just copy the list below into your own post, and add the names that you feel belong in that category. Around the end of the year, say... 8:00 PM on December 31st EST, the polls will close and the votes will be tallied. The winners of the categories will receive special prizes!

First we should be clear about the rules. These are set in place to ensure a fair chance for the entire community. I won't be waiving any of these rules for any particular reason. You'll just have to accept them as they come.

• Follow the General PXR Forum Rules.
    • You cannot vote for yourself.
    • When you list the names you vote for, use their actual forum username. (If this happens we either won't count the votes, or I will assume there is a member of the forum with that username, and the person you meant to vote for won't get their vote.)
    • You cannot vote for a person more than once per category.
    • You cannot vote for a person more than five times in total.
    • You can only list up to five member names per category.
    • Member of the Year is limited to one vote only. Meaning only one person can be nominated by you.
    • Pair of the Year is also limited to one vote only.
    • Past winners of the Member of the Year category cannot be voted for in that category. (So far, the only winner is HKim.)
    • Best Newcomer is limited to people who have joined since the start of the year.
    • Best Artist is grouped with Sprite Art, Traditional/Digital Drawing, and Graphic Design.
    • Males are males, and females are females.
    I know, it's a little strict, if you have any questions about them, feel free to ask them HERE or via PM. To make it clear, though.. You can vote for HKim in any other category aside from Member of the Year. If you vote for him in that category, I won't count it. This is by his decision, so try not to fight it too much. Something about fairness. Other than that, most of these restrictions are in place to smooth out the process of counting the votes. Anyways, let's move on to the great and mighty categories!!

This year there's a bit of switch. I've decided to switch out categories from last year and add new ones (because apparently "Troll of the Year" was degrading and people were against it.(Haters.(Jerks.(Spoiling my fun.(Jkiloveyou.))))) If there are some categories you'd like me to add or change, PM me, and I'll try to work it in next year. <3

The Best:

Best Artist:
    Best Writer:
    Best WiFi Battler:
    Best Role Player:
    Best Showdown Participant:
    Best ASB Participant:
    Best GCEA Participant:
    Best URPG Participant:
    Best Forum Staff Member:
    Best Site Staff Member:
    Best Male:
    Best Female:

The Most:

Most Dedicated Member:
    Most Helpful Member:
    Most Bizarre Member:
    Most Colorful Member:

The Truest:

Funniest Member:
    Smartest Member:
    Coolest Member:
    Nicest Member:
    Wish You Were Here:
    True Pokemon Fan:

Of The Year:

Quote of the Year:
    Newcomer of the Year:
    Workhorse of the Year:
    Pair of the Year:
    Member of the Year:
    Now we have a bit of a new system going on this year! That's right. Sort of like "Best Moments of 2014" kind of thing. The trick is, it HAS to be PxR related. So you can't send me the latest Tobuscus music video. What you'll do is submit a specific piece of.. well.. anything. This being forum appropriate.. But! It can be cool, awesome, funny, dark, scary, super sad, super upbeat, or anything in between. Just something you think is EPIC! Just use the form below:

Username: (Don't be a smarty pants about this.)
    Involved Users: (Who all on this forum was involved.)
    Genre: (This is where you'll use one of those things I listed above. Or your own.)
    Material: (Typically this will be a link if it's video or images, otherwise post the text in spoilers.)
    Understand that if someone else posts a specific moment that you wanted to post, they'll get the moment, and you'll be out of luck. Sorry, but this is definitely a first come first serve type of thing.

---
    This will end 12:00 AM EST Dec. 25th 2014.
    ---

Now for them PRIZES! I know, you're practically drooling. Okay, so there's a catch, at least for this year.. Since this is a new concept, we need to take baby steps. You understand, right?

First, Only 4 people will be getting any sort of prizes, these will be the person who sends us the "Best Moment of 2014," the winner of Best Male, the winner of Best Female, and the winner of Member of the Year. This is where it gets fun. See, ANYONE part of this forum can vote, so if you have friends that you want voting for you (and hopefully enjoy going on Pokémon forums), then bring them to PxR!

The prizes themselves? Just have a look below!!

Best URPG Participant:

A special gift from the URPG

Best ASB Participant:

A special gift from the ASB

Best Moment of the 2014:

A special badge for your profile
    A spot for your moment in the Pokémon Crossroads Hall of Fame

Best Male:

A custom signature set from Participating Artists

Best Female:

Member of the Year:

A surprise gift to be revealed upon winning
    Since I'm kinda the only artist willing to participate, my name is listed. If other artists are willing to participate, I will at their names for more options. I will point out that almost everything is optional. The only things NOT optional are the badges and the HoF spot. I feel like this year, since the prizes are just being introduced, they won't be super spectacular, but I imagine that depending on the success of this project and contest, next year will be a little better. =]

Still, a pretty sweet deal in the long run, right? Free stuff is awesome, and I know a thing or two about awesome! I hope you'll feel driven to get voting, now. =D

With a few final words, I will allow you crazy kids to get on to voting. Remember that this is for fun! There's no reason to get upset about anything, or to be bothered by. Even if you don't get any prizes, there is ALWAYS next year. Remember that every vote counts! (Unless it doesn't count because of the rules.)

Remember to also use social media to draw people in and participate! They may even end up with awesome free stuff! (#MotY14, #PxR, #VoteMotY, #Pokémon, #Pokemon) We'll be looking out for these tags on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and Instagram! So get social, get active, and grow our community!

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Voting beings....

-----
    NOW
    -----

(Prizes and Rules are subject to change at any point.)

Last edited by XaiakuX; 12-08-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~