The Holiday Season

The holiday season is among us! For the Americans and Canadians (and anyone else who celebrates) out there how were your Thanksgivings?
    What does everyone have planned for their Holiday seasons?

In my family we have eggs benedict for Christmas breakfast for myself, my SO, my mother, my sister and her husband, and at night we have a Christmas dinner with the same people plus my grandfather and his SO. Then on Boxing Day we have a big supper with our entire family which is absolutely amazing! I usually make a habit of baking some Christmas themed cookies around this time as well and have a lot of fun decorating the house. We usually don't put up the tree until the week beforehand but that is also one of my favourite parts! Oh and another thing is on Christmas Eve we all watch It's a Wonderful Life together. It's one of my favourite films and it's nice to sit down with the family and watch it as well as chat and such.

I really love the holidays because they bring the family together. I do enjoy giving people gifts too! Especially when I know it's something they will love. :)

How about all of you? Are you excited for Christmas? What are your traditions?

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I can't wait for Christmas! Every year on Christmas eve my whole family get's together, and our family is huge. then Christmas day we have with the other side of my family. We've had a real tree every year since I was like, 6, and we always decorate it together. Wow, just typing this is making me really want Christmas to be here. I've already got some gifts and I can't wait to give them.

We don't do much now that both my Dad and Grandma are gone. We use to go to Grandma's for Christmas every year and the whole family would get together.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    We don't do much now that both my Dad and Grandma are gone. We use to go to Grandma's for Christmas every year and the whole family would get together.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe this year is a good time to start a new tradition? Up to you though <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    I can't wait for Christmas! Every year on Christmas eve my whole family get's together, and our family is huge. then Christmas day we have with the other side of my family. We've had a real tree every year since I was like, 6, and we always decorate it together. Wow, just typing this is making me really want Christmas to be here. I've already got some gifts and I can't wait to give them.
    Eeeek! I've excited all over again now haha. We always have real trees as well - they're the best environmentally and imo the best in a festive way too because they smell fantastic! Decorating them is always so much fun.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

This year will mark my first xmas living alone. I enjoyed putting up my decorations a always. I find the lights on the tree to be relaxing.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

I'm forced to sleep on the sofa on Christmas Day. There's an inflatable mattress, but I just can't sleep on that, so sofa.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

We usually put up the Christmas tree on the first of December. I was a bit late this year because it was really hot at that time and I couldn't be bothered doing it haha. It's up now though!

On Christmas Eve, I go to my dad's side grandparents' house in the morning and help prepare all the food! That evening we usually go to Christmas mass and then we have a big dinner afterwards with all of my dad's side of the family. On Christmas Day, we open our presents from Santa in the morning :D and then we go to my mum's side of the family for lunch, which is usually at one of my uncle's houses.

I love Christmas time! :D
    GCEA

I am a huge scrooge. xD I never do anything for the holidays. I either sleep all day on Christmas day or don't come out of my room (unless I was promised presents, then I get them and go back to my room :3c). Christmas brings this whole "war on Christmas" thing on and I absolutely can't stand it. :/

|||||||||

9. This post has been liked by:

The holidays don't mean much to me my family don't do much during this time of the year but it's always fun to hear about what others do.
    Someone asks if i like Radiohead

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    I'll be ready for christmas once every radio in the world has been destroyed. I love everything about Christmas that isn't the same twenty songs from the 1940's.
    "You kids have a nice day."