Page 122 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1840
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm having so much fun. :D Thanks for all your hard work Dredd :)
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I'm having so much fun. :D Thanks for all your hard work Dredd :)
    Now that I feel better its easy to come up with ideas. Also for me when someone is around and has the time to go through some battles or mini character development it helps me out a ton. So thank you and Im glad you are having fun.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Glad you're feeling better :) I had another question...

Regarding partner Pokemon... Can any Pokemon be your partner, and you can switch them around whenever you're at a Center? For example, my Shuppet is lv 5 and doesn't evolve til lv 37 so I won't be able to do that for ages and I don't really like levelling up since it is more efficient to just evolve stuff straight away.

So could I make her my partner Pokemon for now (so I have an extra party slot) and then later on when I can evolve her, I could make her back into a regular party member? Is that how it works?
    @Shadow Tracker Max
    GCEA

haha you can level up pokemon in gcea now! I also added a new item to most of the shops! the Evolite which will give pokemon a evo bonus so that people can keep their pokemon at any stage they want and get the bonus.

Also yes any pokemon you have can be a partner pokemon.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah I know but if I level up then it will cost double what it costs to just evolve when the time comes. xD Maybe there could be a way so that the levelling up somehow counts toward evolution? Like every level it's gained is 1 point off the evolution cost?

I levelled Shuppet to level 20 for example, it would cost 30 points. And then I would still have to pay 37 points to evolve it from there, for a total of 67 points. If I just evolve straight away, then it costs 37. xD

It doesn't matter though, I was just wondering. :) I love the Eviolite though! Thanks for the info.
    GCEA

Very big fan of Eviolite, looking forward to having a champion Rattata!

I have decided that Rocky's Rattata is scared of Ratticates and desperately wants to avoid becoming one.

Yeah I know but if I level up then it will cost double what it costs to just evolve when the time comes. xD Maybe there could be a way so that the levelling up somehow counts toward evolution? Like every level it's gained is 1 point off the evolution cost?

I levelled Shuppet to level 20 for example, it would cost 30 points. And then I would still have to pay 37 points to evolve it from there, for a total of 67 points. If I just evolve straight away, then it costs 37. xD

It doesn't matter though, I was just wondering. :) I love the Eviolite though! Thanks for the info.
    @Suicune's Fire this response and question are be coming common enough they need to be added on the front pages and how do i gcea thread.

I have talked about this issue many times and it seems either no one read it or no one understood what I was saying....I would almost prefer it was the first one because the second means that you guys dont understand a rule and no one is asking me.....:/

Level up points go directly towards the evolution. Here is an example of how evolution works in GCEA

Type 1- Direct evolution is evolving a pokemon from its starting point total to its next evolution
    Charmander (Points:5) ---> Charmeleon (Points:16) = Cost:16 Points

Type 2- Level evolution is leveling up a pokemon until the point it naturally would evolve. This is the more expensive version.
    Charmander (Points:5) -----11 level ups --->Charmeleon (Points:16) = Cost 22 Points

Type 3- Mixed evolution- This a brand new vein of my world. Im going to highlight the hell out of this one and have Grace post it on every single thread in gcea. :P In GCEA Kanto evolution has changed greatly because of the option to level up Pokemon throughout the story. There are two forms of evolution now...(Not counting friendship) Mixed Evolution is using the above systems together.

Charmander (Point Level:5) ----6 Level Ups (Cost:12)----> Charmander (Point Level:11)--> Charmeleon (Point Level:16) = 5 Points. (Since 12 of the 16 points required were payed for the balance of the evolution drops. In this case to Five)

Here is a question Im going to get so lets answer now.

What happens when I pay for more points then the evolution Costs? Can I overpay for a pokemon??
    Most pokemon will cost more to level up then directly evolve. In Sarahs case above it would cost

Shuppet (Points:5)----Leveling up 32 Levels--- Banette (Point Level:37) = Cost: 64 points...Ouch

The good news is that whenever she unlocks badge 5 she can just evolve the pokemon at no cost.

Next question
    Is that fair?

Not at all! This level up thing is just being used now. X and Y didnt go far enough along to really test out what would happen. To counter this I am considering having members who spend extra points leveling up find rare candies to balance out the cost.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

8. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Eep sorry I must have missed the mixed evolution part somehow. A lot of rules are in lots of different places, so I find it difficult to find things sometimes. It will be great to have everything in one spot when the "How do I GCEA" thread is all finished. :D Thanks again for answering, that's good to know. I won't feel so bad levelling up my Pokemon now. :)
    GCEA

Eep sorry I must have missed the mixed evolution part somehow. A lot of rules are in lots of different places, so I find it difficult to find things sometimes. It will be great to have everything in one spot when the "How do I GCEA" thread is all finished. :D Thanks again for answering, that's good to know. I won't feel so bad levelling up my Pokemon now. :)
    No not anymore. All the rules you need to know are in one area. GCEA Kanto. If something you need is not in there let me know.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

@brandon_g @Comatose @Dennis Jansen @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Zenith Avalon @EmpireCrusher203 @Eternity @The Nonexistent Tazz @Brettles @Tyler Phoenix @Suicune's Fire @DHPflareon @Dragon Master Mike @Lightning Dash

IF you did not write a story for the contest connected to kanto or hoenn you have a chance to unlock that pokemon through the GCEA egg hunt.

Additionally you will earn 1 point for every egg you find through the PXR Egg Search. You can earn up to 20.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic