Page 142 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1840
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

*squints at screen* Doth mine eyes deceive me? Is that who I think it is?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sou Cleife View Post

It happens and life kinda got a little crazy for both us. We both got new jobs around the same time and its been a little hectic, on top of me constantly getting sick and being out of it. Unfortunately, the doctor's told me this time its the Flu+Dehydration, but its been with me for about a month so i'm about to go to the emergency room again hopefully. Zen's a bit of an oddball so i cant speak really for her though lol.

yeah i saw its in Kanto, I hope it stays active and doesn't end up like Yellow did.
    That really sucks thats a long time to be sick! I hope they can figure it out.

Life and work do take up time and its understandable. I hope you two are still talking and close you seemed pretty close.

Yellow should be coming back after DE ends at least that is the goal.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Anyone taking part in Dream invaders know that its going to be little bit odd and maybe even trippy ..lol wanted to try something new since its for my bday :P

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Brettles @Dragon Master Mike @Trainer17 @Noblejanobii @Phantasm.Angel

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Anyone taking part in Dream invaders know that its going to be little bit odd and maybe even trippy ..lol wanted to try something new since its for my bday :P
    Heehee! I'm okay with this!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Trippy sounds awesome. I hope that you have an awesome birthday!

Sorry the event is going to end up being so short. But it is an attempt to try something new.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I have a burning question about Pokémon Points and how they're used.

I just want to borrow the in-RP stats I saw from Blizzard Blue (I've been lurking in these threads just to get an idea of how this whole thing works. I'll use Sarah's as an example (I saw most people have something similar going).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Trainer Name: Alice

Aster (30/30)
    [Ivysaur, Male]
    Clover (19/19)
    [Cleffa, Female]
    Paprika (25/25)
    [Pichu, Female]
    Almond (25/25)
    [Furret, Female]
    Aria (25/25)
    [Pidgeotto, Female]
    Plume (30/30)
    [Archen, Female]

Partner Pokemon: Marionette [Shuppet, Female] (30/30)
    Items: Pokeball (x8), Potions (x4), Premier Ball (x2), Lemonade (x2)
    Heal Counter: 13 [Tyrunt (30), Jedi (30), Citrus (30), Memento (30)]
    First of all, Sarah, I ADORE how you have this set up, I hope it's not a bother if I use something similar to this when Resurgent Red starts, because this stats layout... it's awesome and sleek.

Okay, so I'm looking this and I see Aster the Ivysaur is at 30/30. What... is that exactly? I'm trying to link it with this, but I see Ivysaurs for that have 16 Points (and I'm not entirely sure what these points mean and what they're for). The same goes for the other Pokémon. I'm just not sure how this number is derived and what formula is being used behind the scenes.

I'm hoping this isn't coming across as a noobish question, I'm still trying to get the hang of this and I'm a bit lost. XP

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

I just want to borrow the in-RP stats I saw from Blizzard Blue (I've been lurking in these threads just to get an idea of how this whole thing works. I'll use Sarah's as an example (I saw most people have something similar going).

First of all, Sarah, I ADORE how you have this set up, I hope it's not a bother if I use something similar to this when Resurgent Red starts, because this stats layout... it's awesome and sleek.

Okay, so I'm looking this and I see Aster the Ivysaur is at 30/30. What... is that exactly? I'm trying to link it with this, but I see Ivysaurs for that have 16 Points (and I'm not entirely sure what these points mean and what they're for). The same goes for the other Pokémon. I'm just not sure how this number is derived and what formula is being used behind the scenes.

I'm hoping this isn't coming across as a noobish question, I'm still trying to get the hang of this and I'm a bit lost. XP
    Points are Levels. A Ivysaur with 16 points is the just another way of saying its level 16. All pokemon start off at the number listed in the master list. However after the evolution you can level up pokemon freely within the limit of the badge you have at the time. In Kanto we made it so trainer could continue to level up pokemon throughout the story. We did this so GCEA would feel more natural.

Also yeah @Pokemon Trainer Sarah header is the best.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

Go for it! Feel free to copy the code. I'm pretty proud of it haha!

First off, I'll say there's more information in here which might explain it a bit more clearly:
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...ogress%29#faq8

In GCEA, Points = Levels = HP. So my Ivysaur is on level 30 with 30 HP.

I started with Bulbasaur on level 5. To evolve it to Ivysaur (level 16), I had to pay 16 points. This is where the Master List thread comes in because it tells you how many points(/level/HP) your evolved Pokemon will jump to upon evolution! If it was a newly caught Rattata on level 5 which evolves to Raticate on level 20, I'd have to pay 20 points for example and my Raticate would be on level 20 when it evolved.

So anyway, then I had an Ivysaur on level 16. My options are to
    1. level up Ivysaur to any level between 17 and 31
    2. evolve Ivysaur to Venusaur which puts it straight to level 32 which is Venusaur's starting level as said in the master list

Without the 3rd gym badge, you can't use Pokemon over level 30, so option 2 was out. I levelled up Ivysaur to level 30 (from 16 to 30 = 14 levels). To level up costs 2 points per level, so I paid 28 in this case. Now I have a level 30 Ivysaur!

If I want to evolve it, I only need to pay for 2 levels (4 points total) now, to get it to level 32. So yeah don't worry, any level ups count toward the cost for evolution.

Bulbasaur (lv 5) + 16 points -> Ivysaur (lv 16)
    Ivysaur (lv 16) + 32 points -> Venusaur (lv 32)
    = 48 points

Bulbasaur (lv 5) + 16 points -> Ivysaur (lv 16)
    Ivysaur (lv 16) + 28 points -> Ivysaur (lv 30)
    Ivysaur (lv 30) + 4 points -> Venusaur (lv 32)
    = 48 points

So it all ends up the same!
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

As usual Sarah has a way with words. Leveling up pokemon costs a little bit more but it does take off the cost of an evolution.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic