Page 120 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1840
    @brandon_g @Comatose @Dennis Jansen @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Zenith Avalon @Lovecraft @EmpireCrusher203 @Eternity @The Nonexistent Tazz @Brettles @Tyler Phoenix @Suicune's Fire @DHPflareon @Dragon Master Mike @Lightning Dash

A couple of side notes.

1. The story contest submission will be pushed back until March 29th. Normally the dates are set but we started up two at the same time and had a pokedex that was still being updated. @Suicune's Fire this info will need to be edited onto the two contest threads.

2. Sarah brought up an interesting question that hasnt come up before. In GCEA Kanto you are allowed to level up pokemon freely. However the pokemon can not be leveled up beyond its next evolution starting points.

Hey just wondering, is there a place that says how much it costs to level up Pokemon? Is it 1 point per level?

I noticed when you evolved Mudkip you paid 16 points, even though Mudkip was already on lv 5. Does that mean even if I raise my Bulbasaur to lv 16, I will still need to pay 16 points to evolve it?

*Answer to the first part its 2 points a level.

*The second part is a little ticker.
    Charmander starts at five and if you level it up all the way to Charmeleon it will cost you 22 points.
    Charmander that is evolved directly will cost 16 points.

If you decided to evolve your leveled up charmander you would not have to pay the extra 16 since the 22 points you already paid cover that.

The reason leveling up was add was because some players want to keep set pokemon with them. 1 point a level doesnt normally match the actual cost of evolution. I wouldnt suggest leveling up your pokemon unless you need to them to be a certain level for a battle. Gym battle, potentail rival battle but ultimately the choice is yours.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thanks for the answers. :) So instead of levelling as you go, it's better just to evolve your Pokemon at some point before the gym, I guess...

What if you wanted to keep a basic form Pokemon and not evolve it ever? Could you level it up past its evolution level then? Or would it be stuck at that level forever?
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Thanks for the answers. :) So instead of levelling as you go, it's better just to evolve your Pokemon at some point before the gym, I guess...

What if you wanted to keep a basic form Pokemon and not evolve it ever? Could you level it up past its evolution level then? Or would it be stuck at that level forever?
    Yeah there are everstones that you can buy they allow you to keep your pokemon at its current stage. They also allow you to pay for the evolve to the next stage instead of having to just pay two points to level up forever.
    Also i wouldnt suggest evolving before the first gym ;) though it will be an easy gym.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Tracker Max View Post
    Yeah there are everstones that you can buy they allow you to keep your pokemon at its current stage. They also allow you to pay for the evolve to the next stage instead of having to just pay two points to level up forever.
    Also i wouldnt suggest evolving before the first gym ;) though it will be an easy gym.
    Really? Why? xD I just felt like it would be weird fighting a gym with level 5 Pokemon so I was going to level up my Bulbasaur... but then you said not to level up haha.
    GCEA

Looks like Sarah beat me to the question.
    I Like Rattata, but Raticate annoys me, I'll definitely buy an everstone to keep my Rattata :)
    When can I buy an everstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Brettles View Post
    Looks like Sarah beat me to the question.
    I Like Rattata, but Raticate annoys me, I'll definitely buy an everstone to keep my Rattata :)
    When can I buy an everstone?
    Ill add it to the Pewter City Pokémart. It wont be very costly.. You will still have the problem over being a basic evolution pokemon though. Please take that into account.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Changed the date on the threads for ya. :]

@brandon_g @Comatose @Dennis Jansen @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Zenith Avalon @Lovecraft @EmpireCrusher203 @Eternity @The Nonexistent Tazz @Brettles @Tyler Phoenix @Suicune's Fire @DHPflareon @Dragon Master Mike @Lightning Dash

How to Battle- There are some edits that still need to be made. Ill have Grace go through it. This should help with learning gcea battling.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Ok.

Is my evolution approved by the way? I fixed the math.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

Sure, I can go through that soon, when I have some time. :] Love me some grammar edits! >:3