Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smileys

Smileys

I know this is personal preference, but can we please disable smileys unless you UN-tick the box? So they're disabled by default? Alternatively, the box would have to be ticked to ENable them.

If not, can we have a poll asking who likes the smileys or not? I forget to tick the "disable smileys" box sometimes and the dumb smileys show up in my posts. >:C And they're lame ones too. Not cool ones. O:<

Just wondering what other people thought. xD

~SF.
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 08-13-2013 at 05:25 AM.

2. This post has been liked by:

I concur! Suicune's assessment is dead on.

Yay support! 8D Thanks. XD I hope other people think like us, haha.

~SF.

I wanted to bump this because I never got an answer. o_O

Smileys disabled in posts by default? And you have to tick a box to ENABLE them? I find them painful and I always (try to remember to) untick the box. I don't know if many people would prefer them on, which begs the question, why are they on by default? Unless there's a setting I can change somewhere to turn them off by default?

Anther question I have is, why is the strikethrough code disabled in VMs? o_O That sorta has no reason. I was wondering if it could be turned on for VMs, pl0x.

~SF.

Senior Administrator

Administrator

So wait, I'm confused, not that I'm a mod on the forums or anything. You don't want smilies to appear by default?

testing :( :)

Okay, so you want to turn off the conversion from "colon" "end parenthesis" -> happy face. I just want to clarify the request.

Yus, that's exactly it. The smileys are on by default, and you can't turn them off in the quick reply; you have to go to "Go Advanced" and tick the little box. What I was asking is for the smileys to be disabled by default so when I go : D (without the space), it doesn't automatically make it this: :D

Yeah, that's it, I think. xD I mean, there's a box you tick to disable them, but I wondered if it could be switched around so that you could tick it to ENable them, so by default when you go : D or any other combination of keys that make up smiley faces, it doesn't automatically make it a face.

~SF.

I agree with this...but I don't know how to change it.

I'm not very good techy wise, other than fixing a few problems ^^'

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Whats the big deal with having the smiles ?? are they causing problems ?

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    No, it's just that they don't really look good. At least in Grace, Mike, and Cami, and mine's opinion. (Okay, that came out weird. xD) But it's also if someone wanted to make it so that it's ( :: (NAME) :: ), they'd have to do it like how I just typed it unless they want it to have two smiley faces at each end. It would be nice to have it automatically disabled, mainly because it's not really like anyone but us would notice and that they don't really look good in my opinion.

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I think it's a bit strange and counter-intuitive to have to tick a box to enable smilies. :( Maybe we could consider changing the commands for smilies instead? Like PE2K had :smile: instead of :), that way you only make smileys when you mean to.
    GCEA