Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
This came to me while watching.....you guessed it Pokemon. I'll try to describe it as best as possible as I'm not very good at telling things as opposed to just doing them. It does play off of Neo's idea but more of a single person type deal. For those who have watched Pokemon may know about the Pokemon Contests and those who take part are Pokemon Coordinators who compete for ribbons. This would be a lot like that.

Each Coordinator would have a team of no more than 6 Pokemon that they would use for each contest. You could compete in Art, Writing, Role Playing and Showdown. Each contest would last a month and could consist of 2-3 rounds and would last a week to a week and a half. Coordinators would face each other in a 1 on 1. For example:

Neo vs Me in drawing. We would have to use one of our six Pokemon in the drawing somehow and there would most likely be a theme. If Neo wins he would move on and then it could be Neo vs Sarah in Writing and again you would have to use one of your six Pokemon in whatever writing you would do. Round 3 could be the Showdown. Whoever wins would get a badge or a ribbon or whatever we come up with.

And if you earned say 6 ribbons the grand prize could be a feature on the site. Interview or show off your work.

The one thing about having Gyms is that Gyms would come and go and you would have to find people to be Junior Trainers. People could compete one month and take the next one off if they want. With this, you wouldn't have to worry about things coming and going.

It sounded soooooo much better in my head...lol.
That's kind of an interesting idea. But for a person like me who only does art and writing, and doesn't participate in URPG, Showdown or RP and stuff like that, what happens if each category is different? Essentially I would only have two or three ribbons out of the six total because I won't do the other categories. 3:

I still think Neo's gym idea is cool, somehow. Also I like how Harry mentioned Harry Potter houses. That would work for sorting, but you'd still get the same competitive teams unless we make the events more friendly.