Page 146 of 365 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well I just got back from NYC and it was unusually hot. That wasn't much of an issue for me because it was South Carolina heat but my friend from Pennslyvania was having sweating issues. She ended up not wearing makeup after the first day.

Anyway, I'm at the beach now and it's the perfect temperature. Not too hot, not too cold.

Also, has anyone seen Pixels yet? I've seen a ton of bad reviews for it online but, personally, I found it hilarious. I agree they did have audience issues (seemed to be aimed at modern teens but made many 80s references), but since I grew up with vintage parents and I actually used to have an arcade with these games in my house, I caught many of the references. Was a little bit they didn't include more of Duckhunt (I was so happy when he appeared) but overall it was really funny. If you aren't a vintage gamer you probably won't get many of the references but since you guys are all older than me and are closer to the age these games were popular you might understand the references very well. I don't know.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I saw the trailer for Pixels twice while at the movies for Ted 2 and Jurassic World. I dunno, to me, it looks cheesy. I'm familiar with a lot of those old games, but I don't understand why they made an alien invasion out of it. Heck, it ripped off of the Futurama episode Anthology of Interest II.

So yeah, I'd rather save my movie money for another occasion.

Administrator

There been a lot of things like that lately actually. Even RocketJump made a small video on it before (old vs new) where all old old classics "invaded" while characters like Nathen Drake, Master Chief, Lara Croft fought off the "invaders." It's been so long since I've seen that Futurama episode. I almost forgot am about it lol.

Cheesy as it may look I may go try to see it. Dunno, I've been holding off seeing movies lately. Even those I really wanted to see like Jurassic World and Ted 2.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It was actually surprisingly good, but if you aren't from that time or an avid gamer some of the references they make might not make any sense. Then there was also the fact that, unless Dojo Quest is an actual game from the 80s, then they made up a video game entirely just to give some guy something to obsess about.

Still sour about them not including Duck Hunt more because that was the one video game that I knew about that my parents didn't.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I recently moved in to my dormitory. Internet's decent, though it usually disconnects because of limits in reach (i forgot the term lol)

College, woo! (or maybe not woo! XD)

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

I'm just getting over a bit of a head cold and got sent home from work because of it. I work at Rio Wraps and my boss was acting like I had the black plague. xD
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I'm just getting over a bit of a head cold and got sent home from work because of it. I work at Rio Wraps and my boss was acting like I had the black plague. xD
    I remember working at Bayer. One person got sick, which soon turned into everyone getting sick. I only worked there for three months and got a fever twice. Everyone was so overworked that people probably felt they had to come in even if they were bleeding or puking to death (ironic for a company that makes medicine). Not a nice place either. I tried to be nice to a new manager they hired even after me, and he threw me under the bus and discharged me because I had to take two days off from a fever.

Sure don't miss that petri dish.

Dear Lord. I was happy that she actually sent me home because most places don't. You're not in the hospital means you are still able to work no matter how horrid you feel.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Dear Lord. I was happy that she actually sent me home because most places don't. You're not in the hospital means you are still able to work no matter how horrid you feel.
    Yeah, most places don't and they probably won't until someone dies while working and it gets all kinds of media blitz.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Yikes guys...

btw anybody watching sgdq? Have been donating every time recently. Wonder if they'll read my message with shout outs to PXR? :3
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth