Page 43 of 513 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Definitely prefer late night flights. Especially since I am not a morning person.
    I pretty much HAVE to be a morning person on days I have work. It's the only way I dodge traffic, find a great parking spot, get out early so I still have time to do other things, and things of that nature. Plus I get to work before most other people do and it gives me plenty of time to catch up with everything. Usually nothing much happens in the afternoon, and if it helps me dodge getting sucked into late afternoon meetings that always go overtime, it's sweet.

Otherwise a 25 minute commute becomes a 40 minute one and parking becomes a pain.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I think I fall in the middle of the "morning person" spectrum. Can't say I love them, but far from despising them.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Nah, early morning is worse. It's always a frenzy to get everything ready and packed (some things like bathroom stuff can't be done the night before if you still need to use it in the morning), rush to the airport (with fun traffic just waiting for you!), and get boarding passes and go though security. And somewhere, if possible, get breakfast. Thankfully most airports in major cities have little breakfast places, but definitely not all of them.
    Well luckily my airport in town is a smallish one that has direct flights to Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC. Pretty large scale airports (though Atlanta takes the bag with trains that take you to another terminal it's so big). The flight I took to NY wasn't that bad. From my home town one it was simple and we even got bumped up to first class on the NC to NY flight. So made things better. Got up early enough to get to the flight, had a small breakfast, got there with little to no traffic, wasn't really a line for boarding. Up in Charlotte it was a bit different. Crowd was a bit bigger and our flight was all the way at the end. So it was a long walk. Like Neo said they even had a cafeteria with tons of paces selling food. Like Wendey's, Five Guys, Burger King, etc.

I know it won't always be super simple, but it was nice that first time!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

For places to eat, Newark airport is okay. Not the greatest stuff, but it's certainly the better place to grab something to eat rather than on the flight itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    For places to eat, Newark airport is okay. Not the greatest stuff, but it's certainly the better place to grab something to eat rather than on the flight itself.
    Noted for my Nashville trip. I might take the Trenton airport, though.

My Links

Administrator

Ohbits like they TRY to tempt you with smells and advertisements in the terminal to get you to eat before the flight. My dad always talked about how Five Guys was like in every airport and how it always tempted him to get one of their overlypirces overpriced hamburgers.

I do remember in-flight meals being....."alright." Nothing to brag about.

The time is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Ohbits like they TRY to tempt you with smells and advertisements in the terminal to get you to eat before the flight. My dad always talked about how Five Guys was like in every airport and how it always tempted him to get one of their overlypirces overpriced hamburgers.

I do remember in-flight meals being....."alright." Nothing to brag about.
    Five Guys is pretty good, but I'd take a cheaper Wendy's burger over them for sure. Or Sonic's. They can have mad good deals.

My Links

Senior Administrator

I feel the same about Five Guys. A Wendy's 4-for-4 gives you even more stuff and the burger you get is pretty comparable.

4-for-4s are awesome. I get those pretty much every time.

Administrator

Yeah I love Fice Guys burgers, but they're just quite expensive. Especially further up north. Wendey's does make a good burger as does Cook Out.

Ah, that reminds me. I miss the old Dominos 5-5-5 deal. Used to get that all the time back in my high school days (sounds odd even saying that xD).

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I haven't gone to a Five Guys for quite a while. They never have any coupons or special deals either.

I think the best hamburgers I've had were from Red Robin. It's pretty much all they have, but they're epic and they're the best. Plus unlimited fries. Can't go wrong with that.