Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaymin View Post
    I mean, im not jumping up and down for topics like "how often do you have sex pxr??" but something slightly more mature than what we allow currently, or maybe something that'd fall within a grey area.
    Yeah, I understand. xDD Discussing stuff like abortion or the legalization marijuana would be okay, I think. I doubt any of the other admins would have an issue with it as long as it was kept civil and people weren't posting pictures of aborted fetuses or anything of the like. I don't think anyone is saying they want to allow that though, and I don't think anyone would do it regardless. But I'm definitely down for discussing controversial topics and I see absolutely no fault in that. :)

|||||||||

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

All though considering I'm 15 I have no idea if you would let me on to a section like this, and I don't think my say is going to mean that much, I just wanted to say that I agree with Shaymin, and I do think that a sub forum like this would be good. Corey does have a point though.

Just another quick idea: What if you made a sub forum for civil and respectful debating and conversation on the kinds of controversial subjects Corey is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master View Post
    Just another quick idea: What if you made a sub forum for civil and respectful debating and conversation on the kinds of controversial subjects Corey is talking about?
    There's not really enough activity in that department for a whole sub-forum, so if someone wanted to post a topic, they'd just post it in Other Chat. :) If there is ever so many debates/discussions, then the forum staff would probably consider a sub-forum. But as of now, there's zero, so. xD

|||||||||

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yeah, I understand. xDD Discussing stuff like abortion or the legalization marijuana would be okay, I think.
    We did debating stuff like that back in our Trusted section. I think it was so that immature members who could post offensive comments on such touchy topics weren't able to.

We had other kinds of topics there, too; advice ones,and ones that gneerally related to things that you wouldn't want EVERYONE to know. For example, our 'How do you look?' thread was in the Mature section.

All I know is I am going to raise a fuss with some people with my stories XDDDD I like to touch on iffy subjects because it makes it more "real life" :P

As a whole, I'm neutral. As long as it doesn't really impede stories, roleplays, and such, then it's fine being as it is.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Pretty much what Corey said. Debates on "mature" topics are currently allowed (in general chat or in a relevant sub forum). It is possible to discuss most topics (even if they're generally considered "mature") appropriately for a PG-13 audience. It's all in the use of language and details. There really aren't many things that are off-limits, so I guess I don't really understand what the issue is here. :(
    GCEA

I think it seems people are worried a bit about their writing as well. Hence the whole mature warning labels. I mean some stories can and might have sex in it. Now if done right it could be tasteful and it doesn't seem all that bad. Some people write that way and shouldn't feel like they are being limited or it might prevent them from posting future writings. As for cussing dear God it seems like everyone cusses now a days unlike back in the day. Not to mention just about everyone that was a kid on PE2K is much older now.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

8. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Stories and art are on a case-by-case basis and kind of a separate discussion. We allow people to post things that might be over PG-13 as long as they have warnings, but still nothing overly sexual or gory is allowed. Yes we are limiting people in that way, but there are plenty of other places to post your stories if those are the kinds of things you want to write about. It's not just kids that don't want to read those kinds of things. They make plenty of adults uncomfortable too, and this is supposed to be a safe, friendly place for everyone to be able to enjoy.
    GCEA

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    All I know is I am going to raise a fuss with some people with my stories XDDDD I like to touch on iffy subjects because it makes it more "real life" :P

As a whole, I'm neutral. As long as it doesn't really impede stories, roleplays, and such, then it's fine being as it is.
    My general opinion on content in stories/role plays has been that as long as its tasteful, well-written, and works with a story there's no point in banning it. IF that kind of content is present in those stories following those rules, I don't think children would really even be *interested* in getting to said "mature" parts. I guarantee you no eleven year old wants to wade through all the political drama crap in my current story just to get to the few sex references I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    From the beginning, it was decided that PXR would be a child-friendly (PG-13) forum. It's part of who we are. I don't agree with allowing mature topics. With stories and art, there is a little bit of lee-way as long as what's posted isn't too graphic and there are clear warnings. But that's on a case-by-case basis. Most topics can be discussed in a PG-13 manner by limiting details and using appropriate language anyway. I don't feel we're limiting people that much.

That being said, a VIP board would probably be the only thing we could really do, and yeah, I'm not sure we want to encourage that kind of elitism/the formation of cliques and stuff.

Even so how could be sure kids were not posting there. You can make up whatever age you want on this forum when you sign up..I think its best to keep things the way they are.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......