Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

FINALLY got around to seeing Jurassic World. Great movie if you like seeing a lot of things get bit and eaten. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So, my parents made me watch this movie called 16 Candles today. I'd never heard of it and upon further research I found out the movie was made in 1984, which explains why I had never heard of it given I was born almost fifteen years later. Anyway, the film is rated PG and pretty much tells the tale of a girl whose sister is getting married the day after the girl's sixteenth birthday. All she wants for her birthday is the boy she likes to get with her, but she thinks there isn't any chance. On top of that, because of the wedding, everyone forgets the girl's birthday. It's actually really funny, but the thing that baffled me was that it was rated PG. Like, I get that the rating system wasn't quite up to date yet during that time (which concerns me because the James Bond movies from that time are all rated R and if this was rated PG with what all it had in it then what do those Bond films have in them?), but Jesus man. I mean we had the f word, we had boob shots, we had other curse words, we had sex talk, we had drugs, and we had drunken people everywhere. I mean geez, how what that rated PG? But I digress. Overall, it was a really funny movie and I'm glad I watched it. Though, I think the best part was the fact that it was a VHS tape, so when I was talking to all my friends about it, they had no idea what I was talking about. XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    The last time I was in a theater I saw the Muppets Most Wanted. Not sure that was the most recent movie I saw, though.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Flying Colours

I think I was a bit too drunk or something. I got like super emotional watching this movie, which is a heartwarming tale about a girl who went from a complete idiot to a girl who made it into one of the top universities in Japan. ;w;
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

It was Divergent. I was watching it on my DVD player. It was just as I expected: an overrated piece of garbage and not worth my time or attention span. Please, stop making trilogies, it's getting very stale. :x

Senior Moderator

Spectre--if this is Daniel Craig's last run as James Bond, he goes out with a bang. A very exciting movie that has fear, heart, and a little bit of thought provoking. (that's without giving too much away)

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Mockingjay Part 2

Well, they redeemed themselves by actually staying fairly accurate to the book this time, unlike its predecessor that pretty much only stuck to plot points. However, there is a large part of me wishes they hadn't. With only a few things inaccurate, and some I can forgive them for due to an actor's suicide, I was praying throughout the entire film that my favorite character wouldn't die.

Spoiler:

When Beetee didn't even go on the mission and when the propo team was set up differently, I had a strong hope that Finnick would live. Yet, this was not meant to be. As soon as they entered the sewers, I started to cry and shake. The people beside me found out earlier during the film that any time this occurred, something was going to happen. I kept praying and praying that he wouldn't be killed, but… it wasn't meant to be. And I knew there was no use in hoping Prim's death could be avoided, but part of me hoped for that too.

Overall, I'd give this movie a 7.5/10 when it came to book to movie accuracy and a 8/10 for how well the movie was done overall.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I saw the movie Awakenings with Robin Williams the other week. I'm not a movie person, especially not this kind of movie, but it was really good.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I watched Love, Rosie last night. It got a bit annoying by the end when EVERYTHING just kept going wrong, but it was kind of cute and funny. Enjoyed it overall.
    GCEA

Jurassic World. basically. got it on iTunes and used it to entertain me while I await the fated day when The Force Awakens comes out into theaters. already preordered my tickets to see it in IMAX 3D, because that's only the best way to watch a Star Wars film.
    ""Man, kids these days. They think it's a competition to have the most friends. One is enough. Find someone completely unique."