Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Some Art

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow, nice. I love the detail on the ship. I suck at traditional art so I prefer doing digital. I can never get traditional shading/colouring right. >_<
    GCEA

☆~NEET ORGANISATION - THE LOLITA~☆ legendary_addict's Avatar
    Yeah, I didn't listen to my teacher to make this. They usually say start dark then go lighter, but I started light instead. Made me a bit confused where the light source is but yeah. Never doing that ever again xP

~That text above, so true~

FC: 1220-7270-9056
    Add me to get a lot of eggs! And no, they are not Bad Eggs, ban me if they are.
    Also, if anyone wants to battle, feel free to challenge in-game, I'm always ready,
    unless I'm fighting the League, or another person.

@PTGigi @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Was really inspired by that tumblr blog called "In-Progress Pokemon Evolutions," so I decided to give it a go and designed a Chimchar -> Monferno.

The changes aren't too drastic, which is great because it helped me get the hang of the design process. But at the same time, it wasn't TOO easy either. 'Nyway, this is just a rough sketch. Just focusing on the design here, not really so much on the execution

Edit:

Okay, this one is in pieces, so let me explain.
    1. This is the sketch of what the body as a whole looks like.
    2. The arm / hand, of course. The metal plate thing on its shoulder is forming from the yellow band of yellow that Monferno had on its upper arm. These plates are still underdeveloped so of course, they're smaller compared to Infernape's.
    3. The body. Under the process of streamlining, but there's still a little leftover...pudge, I guess. Also the white fur that was its collar is covering the rest of its body.
    4. The head. Showed it as the white fur taking over the orange fur on its head. The flame on its head begins to ignite / grow.
    5. Tail. The tip is still singed from Monferno's flame having been there before. As Monferno matures, the tail flame diminishes and the head / crown flame starts to grow.
    6. And the leg / foot. Has four toes.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 03-04-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Those are really cool ideas. They fit really well. I like all the little details! And the sketches are nice too. :D People should do more of these!
    GCEA

Yup! That's why I tagged you guys because we were all pretty interested in the concept. So I thought "why not?" x]

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

URPG Staff

Oh wow, those look interesting. I think I might do one tomorrow if anyone's willing to see it.

7. This post has been liked by:

<3 Wanted to share a neat image of Fennekin from an individual on dA: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fennekin-411974768

It's a bit more realistic and foxlike than the typical Fennekin art but I liked it and wanted to show you guys :)

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

9. This post has been liked by:

So lately I've been REALLY inspired by closed species on DeviantART that I decided I wanted to start my own; at least I wanted to make a creature! I was really inspired by CardSharks for wanting to go with the amphibious / reptilian route. Personally I get tired of seeing fictional creatures being covered in fur or hair. I love amphibians, so figured I'd make it as such.

I was inspired by salamanders, rays (the fins on the back are inspired by a ray's wings), tadpoles, frogs, etc. for this species.
    I tried to give it enough characteristics and attributes to be unique and iconic, but at the same time I tried to keep it relatively simplified. I think I did a pretty nice job for it being one of my first serious creature designs, but I'd like to know what you guys think? I may have taken inspiration from things without realizing it. Does it look too similar to something you already know, at a first glance?

But ahmg I'm actually really proud of this thing, this is my baby now xD

Also, @Braixen. I know old post is old and you aren't online much anymore but can I seriously just say how I LOVE that Fennekin? I love the perspective you used and your colors. I also really like that simple shading style. It's just freaking perfect!

------------

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Aww @Speed-X, that is a cutie! I admit I thought of Mudkip because of the cheek thingies, but it's still really unique! I love the tadpole-like tail! What colour(s) are they?! P.S. Does "closed species" mean anything particular? Or just that it's its own species?
    GCEA

Thank you, @Pokemon Trainer Sarah! Hah yeah, the cheeks and antennae are 100% based off of Mudkip and axolotl in general. I also strangely seemed to make it look a bit like Sableye...
    And as of now, I'm really not sure about colors and patterns. For the most part I think I'm just going to make variations, so no two of these creatures are exactly alike.

What closed species means...well, I found a good quote.

"Open species means everybody and anybody can make characters based on the species. Closed species means only the creator of the species and the people he allows are allowed to make a character based on that species. "

People usually close species because they enjoy making money off of designing different variations of a fictional species they conjured. Its quite fun buying them! Of course assuming I do make this a "closed species," it won't be completely closed. I'll try to make some money off of Canon designs that I've designed, but people are free to create their own...they just can't make profit from them and the fan made ones won't be considered canon. :>

------------