Page 258 of 365 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I've been kind of in panic mode when it comes to job searching. Last week, 32 job applications. Week before, 23 job applications. Week before that, 23 job applications again. And it's official, I've been unemployed for a full year now. The longer it takes to get something, the worse it gets because hiring managers look down upon people that have been unemployed for a while and it starts raising questions about why no one wants to hire you.

And I have NO IDEA what I'm doing wrong either. I've had great interviews and I've had the experience needed for the positions I'm applying to. I've been complimented on my background experience and I've had great feedback from recruiters about the interviews I've had. I've even be willing to take lower pay rates that what I was making earlier just to have something. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. :c
    Don't give up Neo! Your dedication is admirable! :) I'm sorta looking for jobs (didn't get the one I interviewed for xD), and even writing applications takes SO MUCH EFFORT ;_; Luckily I can do casual work around uni for as long as I want, but I'd really like to find a proper job soon. xD

Have you thought about doing some volunteering or something you can put on your CV to fill in the year you've been unemployed? I mean admining here is basically a volunteer job. xD "Working with socially awkward youths from a range of cultural backgrounds, holding game nights and planning and running events"? hahahaha
    GCEA

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Don't give up Neo! Your dedication is admirable! :) I'm sorta looking for jobs (didn't get the one I interviewed for xD), and even writing applications takes SO MUCH EFFORT ;_; Luckily I can do casual work around uni for as long as I want, but I'd really like to find a proper job soon. xD

Have you thought about doing some volunteering or something you can put on your CV to fill in the year you've been unemployed? I mean admining here is basically a volunteer job. xD "Working with socially awkward youths from a range of cultural backgrounds, holding game nights and planning and running events"? hahahaha
    Aww, thanks Sarah, I'm just a bit anxious. Yeah, job applications are like a full time job in itself. I did try to volunteer at a local YMCA, but they didn't even get back to me. Crazy to think they didn't even want free labor! >.>

I'd work at a local animal shelter, but I'm afraid I'm going to be like "aww, no one is adopting this cute cat... oh that does it, I'll take him home!" And then I'll see another and another and I'll come home with a zoo. XD

Senior Moderator

I'd work at a local animal shelter, but I'm afraid I'm going to be like "aww, no one is adopting this cute cat... oh that does it, I'll take him home!" And then I'll see another and another and I'll come home with a zoo. XD
    Straight up same fam. And I couldn't work at a vet because it would break my heart to see animals suffering and dying

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ View Post
    Straight up same fam. And I couldn't work at a vet because it would break my heart to see animals suffering and dying
    I wanted to be a vet when I was younger until I realised this. ;c

Gimme' whatever fountain Kingdom Hearts 3 is hidden in!
    τι ζωή

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, you gotta have a strong stomach for any kind of medical-related field. I've worked a lot in pharmaceuticals and in one adverse event reporting department, I constantly came across suicide cases, really bad litigation cases, and cases of medication side effects in pregnancies. Grizzly stuff, really.

I also knew a girl that worked in a hospice. You've got to have a heart of steel to work in a place like that. God bless the people that do, because it can't be easy.

Tonights the big game release! Anyone else getting it?

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

9. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Tonights the big game release! Anyone else getting it?
    Which game? Breath of the Wild? ��

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Which game? Breath of the Wild? ��
    kingdom hearts 2.8 comes out tonight!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

12. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Aww, thanks Sarah, I'm just a bit anxious. Yeah, job applications are like a full time job in itself. I did try to volunteer at a local YMCA, but they didn't even get back to me. Crazy to think they didn't even want free labor! >.>

Haha yeah I'd wanna adopt all the puppies! xD That's weird they didn't contact you. Maybe they had enough people at the time. I know a lot of charities often have volunteer positions for helping with events and even admin stuff. Maybe you could look into that as you're great at organising things and have awesome graphics skills! :D

I wish there was a better way of finding jobs than just having to be in the right place at the right time. :( If they knew how great you are, people would be BEGGING you to work with them! Let me know if you ever need a reference. ;)
    GCEA