Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    All of a sudden I just lost interest in the one activity I love.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    All of a sudden I just lost interest in the one activity I love.
    And what's that? Music?

It'll come back, it might just be a lull. There's days when I don't feel like doing graphic art or writing at all either.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    And what's that? Music?

It'll come back, it might just be a lull. There's days when I don't feel like doing graphic art or writing at all either.
    It's been a month.

My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    It's been a month.
    Still, I've dropped out of things for years before I've gotten back into them. Drawing for one thing. There were times when I looked back on my old stuff and thought "wow, this just sucks, Pikachu's head looks like a mutated lemon." Today, I look at it and say "it may not be the best, but I was learning and that's okay."

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Still, I've dropped out of things for years before I've gotten back into them. Drawing for one thing. There were times when I looked back on my old stuff and thought "wow, this just sucks, Pikachu's head looks like a mutated lemon." Today, I look at it and say "it may not be the best, but I was learning and that's okay."
    Well, it's a problem because I'm in a band, and I can't just ditch that.

My Links

Senior Administrator

Something's been bugging me all day. A local bar in my area that's been around for decades burned down. It was called Billy's Red Room and had a lot of history behind it and for the longest time, I hadn't ever been there and I only just went with my dad about a month ago. Service was great, the inside was very nice, the onion soup was delicious and so was the fish sandwich I had. Prices were great, also. The place had a lot of decor, fun atmosphere, and it was a really nice experience. We had such a good time and even on the way to grab lunch today, my dad and I were JUST talking about how good it was, and then we saw it less than a minute later.

Gone. That was totally not the sight I wanted to see this morning. The whole upper two floors were completely burnt down and ruined while everything else was boarded up, stripped of whatever didn't get destroyed in the fire, and now it just looks so devastated. Looks NOTHING like it used to. They'd have to tear the whole thing down and I highly doubt it'll ever be the same even if they rebuild it.

I feel bad because the place was doing so well and it was one of those few mom and pop places that didn't get ravaged by all the restaurant chains. Seeing that really just really messed up my whole day. I'm glad no one was hurt after I looked it up online to see the news about when this happened (Nov 27), but still, the owners lived upstairs and that was their whole livelihood, just gone. :(

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Neo Emolga That's so sad :( I hope they had good insurance and that they are able to rebuild, even if it won't be the same. At least it sounds like no one was hurt. What a shame.
    @Bulbasaur That sucks. :( Maybe you'll get back into it if you have a little break?
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    @Neo Emolga That's so sad :( I hope they had good insurance and that they are able to rebuild, even if it won't be the same. At least it sounds like no one was hurt. What a shame.
    Yeah, I hope so. So many times, when a place like that burns down or becomes abandoned around here, they just tear it down and yet another bank chain or drug store chain takes it's place, if anything at all. I've seen that happen to way too many places...

Since last week, I’ve been feeling terrible because one of my friends has a big problem and it’s all my fault. I didn’t intend to cause this problem, I just made a big mistake. I apologised as soon as I could, and I did my best to help him solve the problem, but I couldn’t do much and the problem hasn’t been solved yet (otherwise, I wouldn’t be posting here). My friend said that he is not angry at me, but I still feel very guilty and angry at myself. Even when I play Pokemon, I feel guilty because I think I don’t deserve to do it. I don’t know what you think about it, but maybe my friends (in real life and online) would be happier without me.
    Last edited by Cleobel; 01-06-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Since last week, I’ve been feeling terrible because one of my friends has a big problem and it’s all my fault. I didn’t intend to cause this problem, I just made a big mistake. I apologised as soon as I could, and I did my best to help him solve the problem, but I couldn’t do much and the problem hasn’t been solved yet (otherwise, I wouldn’t be posting here). My friend said that he is not angry at me, but I still feel very guilty and angry at myself. Even when I play Pokemon, I feel guilty because I think I don’t deserve to do it. I don’t know what you think about it, but maybe my friends (in real life and online) would be happier without me.
    Please don't ever think that. None of us are perfect and we're ALL going to make mistakes...small ones and huge ones. You just need to take it one day at a time. I don't know what happened and I know you're going to feel guilty because that's just how you are and that's okay. As long as you are trying to make things better. I know I'm still working on helping a friend fix a huge mistake he made as it seemed like everyone has basically disowned him. Yes he did something he shouldn't have but he wasn't in the right state of mind when he did it but he's human and he's going to make mistakes. We'll be here to help you if you need it. :D
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]