Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

[PMD Inspired] PokeWorld Island Mystery - Sign Ups Open!

Welcome to a new RP inspired by Pokemon Mystery Dungeon!
    In this RP you have been turned into a Pokemon and must uncover the mystery of a strange new world. Glitch Pokemon have begun to unravel the very fabric of this new world, and the Guildmasters have sent for promising individuals who may be able to help. Start your own rescue team, recruit new friends to progress in your adventure, complete puzzles, uncover secrets and save the Pokemon World... and yourself!

The Plot

You're a college student on a field trip to a new city by the sea... During some free time, a mysterious new student leads you to small island connected to the mainland only by an old pier. The island is full of old theme park equipment. In another life, it was a thriving tourist destination, but now sits abandoned and rusted by the sea. The remains of a ferris wheel stretch up into the sky, but you must keep your eyes on the ground to avoid the piles of rubble and scrap-metal. The structures above and around you creak ominously in the sea-breeze.

As you reach the center of the island, the new student stops and turns to look at the group she has amassed.

Without a word, she crouches down on the ground and begins to dig in the soft sandy earth. From the ground she pulls a strange silver sphere. It isn't until she stands up that you realise she isn't holding it, but that it's floating before her...

You want to turn to the other students in astonishment but your gaze is too firmly captured by the orb floating before you.

"I'm so sorry," says the new student. "But we really need your help." Your eyes begin to lose focus. What did she look like again?

...Everything goes white...

When you awaken you are no longer yourself. In time you will be asked to assist the inhabitants of this world which is under threat from some mysterious force. By creating your own rescue team you will complete missions to save the Pokemon of this world, and maybe even save yourself.
    Gameplay

This RP will be led by a story mod who will push the story along and keep things on track. They will ultimately decide whether your actions are successful, throw new challenges your way and make sure no one is overpowered.

In this RP, you will play as a human who has been turned into a Pokemon. You will have the chance to form a rescue team and recruit other Pokemon to join. You will be assisted by a Partner Pokemon who is your second in command. As you recruit new Pokemon, you will have full control over each of these new characters. You will need the combined strength and abilities of these friends to complete puzzles, defeat enemies, and help to save the Pokemon World.

Each rescue team will be in possession of a Team Badge which allows you to recruit Pokemon. You may have a maximum of 4 Pokemon on a mission at a time including you and your Partner. If you recruit an additional Pokemon you will need to send that Pokemon back to the guild area using your badge. You can only switch out Pokemon from your party when at a guild location.

Your chance of recruiting a Pokemon will be based on RNG, however, there may be items or puzzles which can improve your chances.

Who can join?

Anyone can join up! We especially encourage you to join if you don't RP much as this RP will be perfect for beginners and a lot of fun! If you happen to also be a part of GCEA and join up, you can get bonuses for your GCEA account by participating!

Character's Name:
    Age: (if you want to be younger than 16-17, you will need a good reason for being on a college field trip)
    Personality:
    Which Pokemon are you?: (basic Pokemon only, try to pick one that no one else has picked)
    Defining features/colours etc.: (if different to a regular Pokemon of that species)
    Accessories: (any clothes or items you carry)
    Special Ability: (subject to approval)
    Rescue Team Name:
    Desired Partner Pokemon: (basic Pokemon only)
    Desired Partner Pokemon Name:
    Desired Recruited Pokemon: (basic Pokemon only, max 6, no guarantees as to which ones appear in the story)

Code:
    [B]Character's Name:[/B] 
    [B]Age:[/B] 
    [B]Gender:[/B] 
    [B]Backstory:[/B] 
    [B]Personality:[/B] 
    [B]Likes:[/B] 
    [B]Dislikes:[/B] 
    [B]Which Pokemon are you?:[/B] 
    [B]Defining features/colours etc.:[/B] 
    [B]Accessories:[/B] 
    [B]Special Ability:[/B] 
    [B]Rescue Team Name:[/B] 
    [B]Desired Partner Pokemon:[/B] 
    [B]Desired Partner Pokemon Name:[/B] 
    [B]Desired Recruited Pokemon:[/B]

Posting in the RP

When posting in the RP you will be asked to include a header on all of your posts that list your current stats and team members. This will be provided for you to copy and paste once sign-ups are complete!

This is an RP for everyone! Huge long detailed posts will not be required so please feel free to join even if you are not super confident. :) Most of the time a few sentences/a paragraph will be enough to participate, but of course you can make longer posts if you want!

Pokemon Trainer Sarah - Archen ACCEPTED
    Rival Max - Gible
    pokemon trainer Felix - Tyrunt ACCEPTED
    brandon_g - Chimchar ACCEPTED
    Chakramaster - Pikachu ACCEPTED
    Neo Emolga - Emolga ACCEPTED
    Brettles - Charmander ACCEPTED
    Shruikan - Larvesta
    GCEA

2. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Sign ups are open! :) Feel free to jump in and claim a Pokemon if you'd like to reserve a place as it's first come, first served!

@Rival Max

I'll reserve Archen and edit with my sign up soon.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO POST HERE!
    GCEA

It looks great!! Thanks for posting. You are the best.

I'm Reserving Gible (Obviously)

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

5. This post has been liked by:

Experienced Trainer pokemon trainer Felix's Avatar
    i'll give this a shot

Character's Name: Gregory firstarter
    Backstory:A teen age boy who likes the outdoors and to help others, He is relatively self confident but not great socialy. He has a bit of a minor problem with not thinking before acting and is slightly socialy awkward not knowing how to behave around others.
    Personality:headstrong, determined, self critical,helpful and just but crackes under tension and appears confiden but isnt but its a bit of a facade
    Likes: winning, competition, fairness, hiking, comicbock movies, shounen anime
    Dislikes: rudness,belittling others,littering, gore
    Which Pokemon are you?: Tyrunt
    Defining features/colours etc.: two spikes on tail instead of one
    Accessories: pear green scarf with pterosaur patterns
    Special Ability: physical stamina and strength
    Rescue Team Name: the Bright iridescent team explorers or for short B.I.T.E

Desired Partner Pokemon: Mantyke
    Desired Partner Pokemon Name: Como or Bubbles
    Desired Recruited Pokemon: Fletchling,Snorunt Blitzle, Misdreavus, Cacnea Girafarig
    Last edited by pokemon trainer Felix; 04-17-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Administrator

Know what, I'm gonna give this a shot.

I'll reserve Pikachu (unless Pikachu isn't considered basic in this case) =)
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 03-20-2018 at 12:07 AM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I have a few questions. So we were human we arrived on the island and became pokemon when the orb thing happened correct? How much time has passed since that event? Has it just happened or been awhile? Do we remmeber we were human? What do you want to know in the backstory? Finally what is a rescue team and what do they do?

Oh yeah and I reserve Chimchar.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
    I have a few questions. So we were human we arrived on the island and became pokemon when the orb thing happened correct? How much time has passed since that event? Has it just happened or been awhile? Do we remmeber we were human? What do you want to know in the backstory? Finally what is a rescue team and what do they do?

I'm only gonna guess since it's something Sarah is running, buuuut. My guess is we were transported to the World of Pokémon. This being of only Pokémon as most PMD games are. If not, that'll throw an interesting threat toward us of possibly being captured by trainers. So time may not have passed at all, it's just an entirely new world to us.

Anyway a Reacue Team is a squadron of Pokémon that band together into a team to go on missions. Whether it be for just discovery, helping find missing Pokémon, missing items, etc. Missions can vary. Anyway Sarah can explain in case I missed anything major.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hey, would Emolga be considered basic or is that excluded because of the single stage?

I have alternatives in mind, so no worries if it is. :)

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post

Yes you were human on the island. The orb teleported you far away and when you wake up you will be a Pokemon and in the Pokemon world. You will remember being human. The RP will start with you waking up in the new world or very shortly after that, so not much time will have passed.

The backstory is your human backstory which may have helped to shape your character. It doesn't have to be too detailed. Just where did your character live, what were their relationships like with other people, what kind of things did they do with their time, what were their goals for the future etc. That sort of stuff.

I think Chakra answered the rescue team thing well enough. It's just a team of Pokemon that undergoes different kinds of missions. :) So it will be a bit like GCEA where you might be told you need to retrieve an item from a dungeon or to find a missing Pokemon. On the way you may have to fight other Pokemon and natural obstacles, so you'll need to use your abilities/moves and those of your team to make it through.

@Neo Emolga
    I'll let @Rival Max answer that as it depends what he has in mind for other parts of the story. :)

@pokemon trainer Felix @Chakramaster @brandon_g
    Welcome to the RP! :D Feel free to fill out the sign up form whenever you're ready. I'll give a warning before sign ups are due to close. It will depend on when we get enough people!
    GCEA

Hi all,
    It has been a while since I was last on.
    I would like to do this role play,
    I would like to choose Charmander as my Pokemon

Character's Name: Brent Uberhill
    Backstory: Brent likes indoor activities like reading and playing board games. he doesn't competitive sports as he is scared that he might injure someone.He loves mystery stories and longs to solve a great mystery for himself.
    Personality: Inquisitive and loves to explore and collect secrets
    Likes: Sweets and anything sugary, Mysteries, reading and board games, relaxing. Pop culture references.
    Dislikes: competitive sports, Bullies, working too hard.
    Which Pokemon are you?: Charmander
    Defining features/colours etc.: Yellow tiger stripes
    Accessories: Explorer's satchell, with lockpicks, magnifying glass and parchment and pens for map making. Fedora.
    Special Ability: Lockpicking and code breaking.
    Rescue Team Name: Stealth Mode Retreival Team (SMRT) 'We are so SMRT'
    Desired Partner Pokemon: Poochyena
    Desired Partner Pokemon Name: Dusk Fang
    Desired Recruited Pokemon:Rattata, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Teddyursa, Tyrunt, scyther

13. This post has been liked by: