Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[WAR] ●Drawn Art●

Welcome to PXR's First WAR!
    Join in the festivities by supporting your team in the WAR and submitting your works of art to have a chance in grabbing some points for your teams.

Try to show off your pure talent by creating a work of Drawn art and trying to rack up some recognition and some of the valuable needed points which could lead your team to victory and dominance of this WAR. Are you ready? You will face off weekly challenges. Each week will explore a new area which you must be prepared for. You will stroll from the universe of reality to the universe of imagination. This will test your drawing skills and imagination. Any medium may be used. Pencil/Graphite, Crayon, paint or even using programs such as Photoshop and SAI, use anything you wish for your entries. However, it must not be digitally altered with renderings or gradients or any other digitally enhancing features and must be either scanned in, a good quality photo provided or it saved in a .PNG file [for Digital Works] for it to qualify for this contest.
    It's time to show what you're made of. It's time to draw.

Grading:
    Each week I will Judge your work. Your work will be judged using four simple categories, all marked out of 10, You will have a maximum mark of 40 and the highest marking pieces of artwork will be awarded with the appropriate amount of points.
    Quality
    The quality of the piece of work will be assessed. The proportions and anatomy of any pokemon/animals will be reviewed and any other qualities related to consistency will be looked as. This category will include any shading on the piece.
    Success
    This will assess how successful you were in your piece of artwork. It will see how well you used your chosen Medium and it will look at how the piece matches the criteria given in the weekly challenge. Make sure you are able to portray what you want well, otherwise you may get a low score in this category.
    Creativity
    The creativity you have worked into this piece will be assessed. If I feel like you have not spent much time on this and it is something that I feel I have seen many times before, you won't gain many points. It will take in the level of risk you took and the thought put into the work along with the effort put into the work.
    Overall Appearance
    This is the category which is heavily dependent on the others. If the other categories are good, chances are this will be, however, if there are negatives, it could be dragged down. If I am impressed by the work and it instantly caught my eye, you have a good chance in the category.

Contestants who win first, second or third place will be awarded prize points for their WAR teams!
    1st place - 3 points
    2nd place - 2 points
    3rd place - 1 point

In the case of a tie, the point award system will remain the same, so the entries that tied will obtain the same amount of points (a.k.a. 2 points each for two entries that come second). Only three people would still be awarded points if this occurs, the only exception is if there is a 3rd Place tie. (For Example, if there is a tie for 1st place or 2nd place, there will be no 3rd place as the person would technically be in 4th place, but if there is a tie in 3rd place, there would still be the three designated places that are awarded points)

The WAR contest has officially closed!

RULES:
    1. All PXR rules apply
    2. All artists are to have respect. NO mocking pieces of work, NO flaming, NO trolling.
    3. Stick to the theme! This is a must for entries to score highly.
    4. All artwork must be new, whether that be a remake of old work, or a completely new piece, therefore I can assess your ability at the current moment.
    5. ABSOLUTELY NO ART THEFT will be tolerated. Your entries must be yours alone. If not, your entry will be ignored and you will not be allowed to enter this contest.
    6. Any medium is allowed, however, Digital Alterations such as Rendering and Gradients are not allowed. If you wish to colour digitally, use tools such as the brush tool, pencil tool or watercolour tool etc. This is so it doesn't give an unfair advantage over others that may not have used programs to create their work and the tools will simulate the mediums used traditionally.

Side-Notes:
    - If you are planning on doing some traditional art, a scanner would be beneficial to get a clear image of your work for it to be posted here, however, if you do not have access to a scanner, a good quality photo taken by a phone or a camera will be just as good.

Have fun, and may the best Team win in PXR's first WAR.
    Last edited by Coru; 08-12-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs