Are you ready for more costumed Pokemon?
The new year is fast approaching and Pokemon GO wants to help you ring it in with style. You said you liked Pokemon wearing different costumes and the folks at Niantic heard you. Check out what is in store and get ready to catch some all new costumed Pokemon.
Date + Time
Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. to Monday, January 4, 2021, at 10:00 p.m. local time
Some Pokémon will be wearing festive costumes to celebrate the new year with us!
- Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses will be appearing in the wild, appearing after you complete Field Research tasks, appearing in raids, and hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Evolve Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses to get a Slowbro wearing 2021 glasses!
- Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat will be hatching from 2 km Eggs
- Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat will be appearing in the wild and after you complete Field Research tasks. You can also get one by evolving a Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat.
- Evolve Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat to get a Raichu wearing a New Year’s hat!
- Wynaut will be hatching from 2 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Wynaut!
- Raticate, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple wearing party hats will be appearing in one-star raids. Klink and Espurr will be joining them as well.
- Eevee wearing a party hat will be available as a Field Research reward encounter.
Dress up for 2021! Beginning on Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), the 2021 Glasses and the New Year’s Party Hat avatar items will be available in the in-app shop.
Boxes will contain different items during the event! Check out the shop for more details.
2× Hatch Candy
2× Hatch Stardust
1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during this time
What are you most excited for during this event? Personally I’m diggin’ the 2020 Slowpoke! Always late to the party, that guy!
See you around, Genesect!!!