Has it really been five years already?
When Niantic began the slow rollout of Pokémon GO, no one could have predicted just how big of a hit the game would be. Everyone was playing and everywhere you turned people were talking about this new game. Very little was known about catch and spawn mechanics. Fast forward five years, and the is extensive research to be found online pertaining to shiny rates and CP calculations for 100 IV Pokémon.
Pokémon GO has changed a lot over the last half decade. From Raid Battles and PVP, to seasonal events and even going beyond level 40. As we celebrate all these changes that have turned Pokémon GO into the phenomenon that has changed most of our lives, let’s take a look at what you can expect from this fifth anniversary celebration.
Tuesday July 6th, 2021 at 10 a.m. to Thursday July 15th, 2021 at 8 p.m.
- Darumaka and a special Flying Pikachu will be spawning in the wild. Lucky Trainers may even find a Shiny Darumaka!
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie will be appearing around PokéStops with active Lure Modules and after you complete Field Research.
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott will be appearing in the wild.
- Daily bonus Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.
- Complete the Collection Challenge for an encounter with a special Flying Pikachu, Rare Candy and massive amount of Pokéballs.
- The real-time sky mechanic that was previously announced will be rolling out during this event. It is designed to mimic the real sky above you based on location data. Fireworks can also be seen in the sky during the duration of this event.
- Missed out on the Jump-Start Research last year? It has returned again. Complete tasks to take advantage of a massive amount of XP designed to boost your level and catch up with your friends.
- Fifth-anniversary Gift stickers from PokéStops, Gifts, and in the shop.
- The item bag can be expanded up to 3500 by purchasing upgrades from the shop.
- The Special Box, Ultra Box, and Adventure Box will contain different items starting on Monday, July 5.
- All lure modules will last for 1 hour during this event. Be sure to use this to your advantage as you will need it to complete your Collection Challenge.
As you explore and catch more Pokémon, be sure to share your adventures online using #PokemonGO5YearAnniversary! Make the most of this Anniversary event while we look forward to the next five years with Pokémon GO!
Source:Pokémon GO Blog