There is something strange in your eggs!
That is because you can now see red spotted Eggs in Pokemon GO thanks to Team GO Rocket! Though you will have to battle against the Team GO Rocket Leaders if you want to get your hands on these red Strange Eggs.
About the Strange Eggs
These Strange Eggs were hinted during a previous update involving the Autumn event. Now we know that Team GO Rocket are the ones who created these Eggs. If you want to get a Strange Egg then you must battle either Arlo, Sierra or Cliff.
Strange Eggs will hatch into certain Poison, Dark or Pokemon that evolve into these types. Some of these Pokemon include Larvitar, Scraggy, Trubbish, and Vullaby. Though they will not hatch into Shadow Pokemon which means you will receive nothing but Candy when you hatch these Pokemon. It is suggested that you make room in your Egg Inventory before you battle one of these Team GO Rocket Leaders.
New Team GO Rocket Research
There will also be a new Team GO Rocket research to go along with these Strange Eggs. Though, you will need to complete any previous Team Rocket research that you haven’t finished.
The GO Rocket Grunts will also have some new Shadow Pokemon. Some of them include the following: Diglett, Shellder, Slowpoke,, Aerodactyl, and Skarmory.
Meanwhile, the Team GO Rocket Leaders will also be sporting some new Shadow Pokemon too. Cliff will be using Shadow Omanyte. Sierra will be sporting a Shadow Drowzee. Lastly, Arlo will be seen with Shadow Growlithe. These three Pokemon could end up being Shiny.
Lastly, Giovanni will be seen with a Shadow Mewtwo. This one will be similar to the one that was used during Pokemon GO Fest.
Below are the full details of the Strange Egg Event.
- Strange Eggs have appeared in Pokémon GO! According to Spark’s early research, the following Poison-type Pokémon, Dark-type Pokémon, and Pokémon that acquire one of those types via Evolution can hatch from these Eggs: Larvitar, Scraggy, Trubbish, and Vullaby—though there may be even more!
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket Leader to receive a Strange Egg, and walk 12 km to hatch it. You’ll need to have space in your Egg inventory before your battle with Sierra, Cliff, or Arlo in order to receive a Strange Egg. Strange Eggs will continue to be available in Pokémon GO after the event ends.
- Eggs placed in Incubators during the event will require one-quarter the normal walking distance to hatch.
- For the first time since March, new Team GO Rocket Special Research will be available! Join Professor Willow as he and the team leaders investigate Team GO Rocket’s involvement with Strange Eggs, culminating in a battle with Giovanni himself! This is the last Team GO Rocket Special Research in 2020. If you currently have the The Shadowy Threat Grows Special Research from earlier this year, you’ll need to complete it first before you can obtain this new Special Research.
- Poison-type and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild! Look forward to encountering Spinarak, Houndour, Poochyena, Gulpin, Stunky, Purrloin and more.
- Team GO Rocket will be more active than usual! Keep an eye out for Team GO Rocket taking over more PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons appearing more often.
- Take a snapshot for a surprise!
- Team GO Rocket Leader avatar items are now available in the shop. Perhaps you could use these avatar items to infiltrate and investigate Team GO Rocket! GO forth, Trainer!
The Strange Egg Rocket Event is currently underway and will end on Monday, October 19th, 2020, at 10PM PDT.
Source: Pokemon GO