Pokemon GO will be entering a brand new world to live in! Pokemon GO Johto!
Niantic, Inc. and The Pokémon have announced that over 80 new Pokemon will be introduced to Pokemon GO by the end of the week. All of these new Pokemon will be Pokemon that were originally introduced in Pokemon Gold and Silver from the Johto region.
Several new features will also be introduced to Pokemon GO once the new Johto Pokemon are introduced to Pokemon GO. Below are the full details about the next big update.
- New Pokemon: An additional 80 Pokémon will begin to appear in Pokémon GO later this week. These include Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region from the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, including Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile.
- New Evolutions: New Pokémon evolution options will give players the ability to use new Evolution items to evolve their Pokémon into ones that were originally discovered in the Johto region. These items can be found at PokeStops.
- New Gameplay Encounters: Some Pokemon may react differently when you see them in the wild. The interface will also change to allow players an easier way to access their items such as berries and Pokeballs in the game.
- New Berries: Trainers can use two new Berries—the Nanab Berry, which slows a Pokémon’s movements, and the Pinap Berry, which doubles the amount of Candy received if the next catch attempt succeeds.
- New Avatar Options: Trainers will also be able to customize their avatar’s appearance with a new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items. Additional items will be available for purchase from the in-game Pokémon GO shop.
Players can expect to see these changes implemented later in the week. Trainers in Pokemon GO will surely be entering a brand new world but you are still expected to catch’em all!
Watch the video and pictures below for more details!