Time to GO Celebrate Pokemon Day with a special day!
Pokemon GO has announced details regarding how they will celebrate Pokemon Day. They are planning a trip to the movies by celebrating the release of Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution on Netflix! Especially with the return of Armored Mewtwo and more in Pokemon GO!
Armored Mewtwo and Clones Coming to Pokemon GO!
Starting on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, March 2, 2020, you can see several movie tie-in in Pokemon GO. Some of these tie-ins include Armored Mewtwo returning to Legendary Raids, Clone Pokemon in raids and more! Below are the details.
- Some Pokémon are here to party! Keep a lookout for Pikachu and Eevee wearing party hats appearing in the wild. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle sporting the same festive look will be hatching from 7 km Eggs. There’s a chance that any of these partying Pokémon could be Shiny, too!
- Armored Mewtwo strikes back in five-star raids! Not only is Armored Mewtwo in Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution, but it will be returning to raids as well with the special Charged Attack Psystrike.
- Remember Clone Pokémon? Well, some are coming to Pokémon GO! In celebration of the Pokémon Day launch of Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution on Netflix, special Clone Pokémon—including Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise—will appear in four-star raids. Be sure to use #GOsnapshot during the event, too—Clone Pikachu might appear in your photo, and you might be able to catch it!
- Trainers will be able to do up to two special trades a day. For more information on what a special trade is, please see this help center article.
Gengar and Nidorino Raid Day
On Sunday, March 1, 2020 from 2pm to 5pm, will be a special Raid Day. During this Raid Day you will be able to battle Gengar and Nidorino wearing party hats in raids. These two Pokemon are special because they were the first Pokemon that trainers saw as they played Pokemon Red & Blue for the first time back in 1996. Now you can battle them yourself! Perhaps even recreate this epic battle with your own Gengar or Nidorino.
Below are the details for this Raid Day.
- Nidorino wearing party hats will be appearing in two-star raids.
- Gengar that know Lick and Psychic and are wearing party hats will be appearing in four-star raids.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Nidorino or a Shiny Gengar wearing a party hat!
- You can receive up to five Raid Passes at no cost during the event by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms. You cannot hold more than one of these Raid Passes at once, and they will not be available after the event ends.
Pokemon GO has given you plenty of reasons to go celebrate Pokemon Day! Make sure to have plenty of fun when catching and battling on these special days.
Source: Pokemon GO