A long awaited rework is on the horizon
During The Game Awards, airing on December 10th at 4 p.m. PST, you can also look forward to a special event in Pokémon GO, during which you can enjoy catching Pokémon and battling Team GO Rocket as you follow along with the show.
Date + Time
Thursday, December 10, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. to Friday, December 11, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Incense will be more effective at attracting Pokémon.
- You’ll earn more Stardust from catching Pokémon.
- You can use a Charged TM to help a Shadow Pokémon forget the Charged Attack Frustration.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will be appearing more frequently at PokéStops and in balloons.
Be sure to head over to The Game Awards website for streaming information and details!
Source: Pokemon GO Blog
Game Changes Happening Right Now
Effective immediately, tests are underway to rework Raid Battle rewards and how you manage your egg inventory.
- Raid Battle rewards will be adjusted in the United Kingdom and Ireland. These adjustments will be temporary and will begin on Wednesday, December 9, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT –8) and end in early January.
- Egg-management tests will take place with some Trainers globally in two variations. In both variations, Trainers will be able to store up to three additional Eggs from weekly Adventure Sync rewards and Team GO Rocket Leader battles if they already have nine Eggs in their Egg storage. In the first variation, all 12 Eggs will appear in the same section in the Egg-storage tab. In the second variation, the additional Eggs will appear in the “Bonus Storage” section in the Egg storage tab. Trainers involved in either of the test variations will also notice that newly acquired Eggs will not count toward their Pokémon storage limit until the Eggs are placed in Incubators. Both variations of this test will begin on Friday, December 11, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. PST (GMT –8) and will continue for an indefinite amount of time. Based on the results, more Trainers will be brought into the tests over time.
Source: Pokémon GO Blog
It great to see Niantic testing new things, not being afraid to experiment and improve the experience for us Trainers. I, for one, am excited for the future of this game. Let us know what you think.
See you around, Genesect!