A new shiny Pokemon is coming, but only for a limited time.
We are only a few day away from the release of New Pokémon Snap on the Nintendo Switch. This highly anticipated, and heavily requested, sequel lets players explore the Lental region while taking photos of Pokémon in their natural habitats. To celebrate this new game, a new event will be happening in Pokémon GO. You will find Pokémon inspired by different habitats in the Lental region in the wild, raids and even in event research. Oh and did we mention a new limited time Shiny Pokémon? You don’t want to miss this!
Date + Time
From Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Pokémon inspired by the deserts, jungles, and underwater landscapes of the Lental region such as Lotad, Cacnea, and Ducklett will be appearing more often in the wild!
- Smeargle will be appearing in snapshots more often than usual! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Smeargle! Smeargle will only appear in snapshots a limited number of times, and while Shiny Smeargle will no longer appear after the event concludes, you may encounter one during future events.
- Pokémon inspired by the Lental region—like Vaporeon, Meganium, and Trapinch—will be appearing more often in raids!
- Look forward to event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research that’s focused on taking snapshots!
- A camera avatar item and a camera-themed Gift sticker will be available in the shop during the event! The new Gift sticker will also be available from PokéStops.
Source: Pokemon GO Blog