Plenty of news and updates in Pokemon GO.
Things may be pretty slow due to the recent outbreak. Though, Pokemon GO is making sure that trainers are stock up to the best of their abilities. Plus, a few updates for events and features.
Stocking up on PokeBalls
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, players have been asked to stay home. This means trying to play Pokemon GO from the comfort of where they live. Pokemon GO has made things a bit easier with making the Genesect event a single player event and boosted Pokemon spawn rates. Though, it seems as if Pokeballs are becoming an issue.
That is why Pokemon GO has a new bundle in the Shop for those who need some Pokeball. You can now buy 100 Pokeballs in the shop for 1 PokeCoin. You can buy this 100 Pokeball bundle once a week until further notice.
Also in the shop is 30 Lure Incense which can be purchased for 1 PokeCoin. At the moment, Lure Incense will also last for one whole hour and have increase spawn rates.
Below are a few more changes happening to Pokemon GO to keep players active.
- 3× Stardust and XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day: Be sure to activate a Star Piece and Lucky Egg to maximize your rewards.
- Changes to Gifts: The number of Gifts you can open daily will now increase to 30, and the number of Gifts you can carry in your inventory will increase to 20. Gifts will also contain more Poké Balls. We appreciate your patience as we continue to prioritize updates that make gameplay more accessible and enjoyable at this time.
If you were planning to attend some events in the upcoming week then be prepare for these changes. Pokemon GO has currently cancelled the Lugia Raid Week and Wednesday’s Legendary Raid Hour.
The cancellation of these events may be due to more areas implementing lock downs in order to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Today View Coming Soon!
A brand new feature is coming to Pokemon GO. This feature will be called ‘Today View’. The Today View feature will let you know what is going on in Pokemon GO regarding events and other things. Below is an overview for Today View.
- Events: The topmost section will show you what events are currently running in the game. If there are multiple overlapping events, then there will be separate cards showcasing each one. (Note that events won’t be visible when the Today View first launches, but they will appear later.)
- Pokémon in Gyms: Keep tabs on all the Pokémon you have in Gyms. You’ll also be able to see how long your Pokémon have been defending their Gyms, how much motivation your Pokémon have left, which Pokémon have returned that day, and how many PokéCoins you’ve earned through defending Gyms.
- Streaks: Track your Daily PokéStop Spin and Daily Pokémon Catch Streaks, and never break another one again!
- Upcoming: Check out what events are coming up at the bottom of the page. Tap to learn more from the in-game News!
Safari Zone Updates
Due to the increase of difficulty to play and explore, some changes are coming to the solo at-home Safari Zone Events. This is in particular to the St. Louis Safari Zone. These changes are in specific to the Incense and Safari Zone Special Research.
During the event, Incense will last up to eight hours. There will also be an increase of Pokemon spawns.
The Safari Zone Special Research will be able to complete wherever you play. They will also feature increase PokeBall rewards to allow players to keep catching.
Happy catching in Pokemon GO in these trying times.