Grab a friend or two and get ready for something new!
A new event aimed at having fun with your friends and getting bonuses along the way has been teased before. But now we have more details to share. introducing Pokémon GO Friendship Day. A three hour event focused on trading and playing with friends. It also boasts a ton of XP and other exciting extras guaranteed to bring fun to you and other trainers.
Date + Time
Saturday, April 24, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- Various Grass-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild.
- Complete the Friendship Day Collection Challenge before the event concludes to earn 100,000 XP!
- Take part in the Friendship Day Global Challenge! For each hourly challenge you complete, you’ll earn 20,000 XP!
- Green confetti will be appearing on the map in celebration of Grass-type Pokémon!
- You’ll have an increased chance of receiving a Lucky Pokémon when you complete a trade with a friend. This bonus will be active until 5:00 p.m. local time on the day of the event.
- Trade distance will be increased to 40 km.
- A 3× Catch XP bonus will be active.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lures activated during the event will last for three hours.
My hot take from all this is the XP gain. Using a lucky egg will net you over 7200 XP per Excellent throw as well as the 260,000 XP for completing all the challenges. For everyone who still hasn’t hit level 50, (myself included) this is the event for you.
Share your adventures on social media using #PokemonGOfriend! Check it out yourself to see what kind of adventure other groups of friends may be going on as well.
Source: Pokémon GO Blog