Pokémon GO Fest and more coming this July!
July 2021 is going to be the most epic month in Pokémon GO history. From GO Fest, and the 5 year anniversary, to the return of Mewtwo, Trainers have lots to look forward to this month. Let’s take a look at what you can expect this July.
Rufflet is the reward for completing Field Research seven days in a row, during the month of July. Not only will you encounter the Eaglet Pokémon, you will also receive a Remote Raid Pass for your trouble.
Appearing At A Raid Near You
Kicking off the month on July 1st, better known as Bidoof Day, Bidoof will be appearing in 1-Star, 3-Star, and 5-Star Raids. Shiny Bidoof will be available and this may be the best way to get one if you haven’t yet been so lucky. For more on Bidoof Day, click here!
Immediately following the bidoofery, on July 1, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. and running to Friday, July 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. the Mythical Pokémon Deoxys will be in 5-Star raids in it’s Defense Forme. Raid hours on July 7th and 14th, will feature Defense Forme Deoxys.
Following quickly on the heels of Deoxys, Mewtwo will return to 5-Star Raids. You can encounter Mewtwo until Friday, July 23, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. Lucky trainers might even encounter a Shiny Mewtwo! Raid hour on July 21st, will feature Mewtwo.
More details will be shared later, but a mysterious Pokémon will be occupying 5-Star Raids for the remainder of July. Stay tuned here, when that news finally drops. Raid hour on July 28th, will feature this mystery Pokémon.
Mega Raids will be as follows:
- July 1st – July 16th: Mega Houndoom
- July 16th – July 23rd: Mega Gengar
- July 23rd – August 6th: Mega Charizard X
Every Tuesday from 6-7 p.m. local time will feature a specific Pokémon and a bonus to take advantage of. Below is that list so you can plan out whether you need to play, or pass.
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021: Bulbasaur, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021: Charmander, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021: Squirtle, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021: Natu, the fourth Kanto Starter obviously, will take the spotlight and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
Saturday, July 3rd, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tepig will be running wild and if you are persistent enough, you could (should) find a Shiny. I for one am looking forward to this one. Tepig is one of my favourite Starters, and it’s final stage evolution, Emboar, has an amazing shiny.
Events Happening in July
- Pokémon GO Anniversary Celebration: July 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to July 15, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. More details will be shared in early July.
- GO Battle Night: July 11, 2021, from 6:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. The second GO Battle Night of the season will be happening! Complete up to 100 battles, and receive three times the Stardust for winning battles, completing sets of battles, and ranking up in the GO Battle League.
- Pokémon GO Fest: July 17th and 18th. A unique experience is promised, and we’ve already heard most of the detail. Be sure to buy your ticket before the event starts, to take advantage of everything going on. Read more about GO Fest and the Legendary Raids taking place!
Source: Pokémon GO Blog